Author Topic: Electoral Rolls Online Update......  (Read 5028 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral Rolls Online Update......
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 07 October 09 23:59 BST (UK) »
Re South Australia records...

I've looked too, cannot find any.... but I think Sth Aust does have some state based privacy rules that may be the issue...  I will try to contact a rellie who recently retired from the Electoral Commision and then I will update this post.

JM

EDIT TO ADD

Yes, there's apparently Privacy issues, state based law... will add more shortly, getting the link now.

SECOND EDIT
http://www.premcab.sa.gov.au
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 08 October 09 00:48 BST (UK) »
Special Reminder

Several of the people listed on the NSW rolls post WW2 are definitely still alive, and still living at the same addresses as shown on the 1949 and 1954 rolls....  It seems likely there would be others, not just on the NSW rolls but on ANY of these rolls.

May I suggest we take extra special care of our postings... 

Quite a number of my living NSW rellies STILL live in their late parents family's homes, at the SAME addresses from pre WW1 even .....

Cheers, I enjoy family history searchings, but I do respect the privacy issues, and the issues surrounding identity theft too.

Just Moi Opinion, of course, but ....

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 09 October 09 01:40 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I thought I was that last posting on this thread  ::)

JM