Author Topic: Charles Thomson died in San Francisco 1 March 1910  (Read 2922 times)

Offline daveyduff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Thomson died in San Francisco 1 March 1910
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 March 11 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave.
Did Charles Thomson marry Margaret Ann? If so I have something which WILL be of interest to you, namely a set of 46 Edwardian glass photographs in original case probably belonging to him (or son).
I bought these some years ago at an antique shop in Preston, Lancashire, UK.
Three of the pictures are of Charles's grave and read  "IN LOVING MEMORY OF OUR DEAR PARENTS CHARLES THOMSON WHO DIED MARCH 1st 1910 AGED 68 INTERNED AT SAN FRANSISCO AND HIS BELOVED WIFE MARGARET ANN WHO DIED MAY 29th 1928 aged 68 UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN'
If this is the same Charles Thomson (and it's seems fairly obvious to me) do get in touch. I will now try to attach a photo i have processed, though i have never done this before!
Kind Regards......Dave

Offline daveyduff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 March 11 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Dave,
I apologise, I have now a very clear picture of the headstone and it does indeed say that Charles was 62 at the time of his death. I am reluctant to post this picture in full as really it's you're personal stuff, so have posted part.
kind regards
Dave

Offline dpearson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 March 11 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for taking the time to track me down.
Yes the photos do relate to Charles and we suspect that the woman in the photo is his daughter in-law Clara wife of his son who was also a Charles Thomson.  If this is correct then the baby in the pram is my wife's father !

Thomson/Pearson/Cole/Oakshott/Cotter

Offline daveyduff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 01:37 GMT (UK) »
Wow!
so what do you want me to do with these glass negatives? there are some really interesting ones including some terrific family ones. I have just about mastered this conversion thing with an improvised light box and rostrum camera. I'm can now get some excellent results as most of the negatives are in near perfect order. I will post another for you delectation. looking at these (and there are 46) i have kind of worked out who is who and i suspect this is Charles senior and junior
Made my day!
dave

Offline dpearson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 09:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

I see what you mean - they are really clear.

We are happy to purchase them from you but how do you think they would travel - we live in Sydney Australia.

If you contact me via my hotmail address * and I will then send you my normal email address.

Dave
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Thomson/Pearson/Cole/Oakshott/Cotter