Author Topic: Maxwell  (Read 6170 times)

Offline markey354

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maxwell
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 October 09 23:04 BST (UK) »
thank you all for your time and help

Offline celticflower

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 October 09 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Markey354

Sorry for late reply - we in the middle of moving house at the moment.

Hugh Maxwell and Catherine Skelly are my gg-grandparents I have a copy of their marriage certificate along with a few more details....funnily enough my dads cousin and I were going through old photos and documents the other day relating to them!

With regards to Hughs occupation he was actually a Marine Fireman.  Catherine Skelly was not from Larne as far as we can tell, family stories have put her from probably Co Longford that is something I was trying to trace of late!

I think you have to send 3 messages on this board and only then be able to Private Message, if you want to do that I can send you my email address as I can't post it directly on here - I can then send you the documents I have relating to the family. 

I am living in Larne at the moment - moving to Islandmagee on Saturday but still very close if you need anything from Larne specifically.  I also have a picture of Hughs gravestone, its in McGarel Cemetery!

Kind Regards
Carolann
Whiteford - Larne Carrickfergus Straid Ballynure
Hilditch - Carrickfergus
Heggarty - Larne Glenarm
Maxwell - Larne Kilwaughter
McShane
McFall
Skelly
Hamilton

Offline HisGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 October 09 21:58 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am wondering if you are familiar with a John Maxwell, b. Ulster, Ireland ca. 1719, m. Margaret Mary Ireland b. ca. 1723, Ireland?

I believe they were married in Downpatrick.

In 1742, they immigrated to Augusta, Virginia USA and had their 4th child, William, followed by 4 other children.

Does anyone have information on Margaret Mary Ireland; where she was born; who were her parents; siblings?

I'd really appreciate any help.
Thank you.  Shari

Offline tory6208

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 April 11 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hugh and Catherine (Skelley) Maxwell's children were:
Hugh, Jane, Adam, Jane, Elizabeth Ann, Arthur, John, Catherine, Richard and William.

His parents were Arthur and Mary Maxwell.  Their children were:  Robert, John, James, Arthur, Hugh, Mary, Agnes, Adam, and Matilda.  They were listed in the 1851 census for Druminadonaghy, Kilwaughter Parish.  I don't know where Robert was in 1851, but found his Birth/Baptism record of 10/20/1822 in Carrickfergus Parish along with the other children.

Tory

Offline Kathymax

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 15 July 12 08:00 BST (UK) »
I have a photo of a Hugh Maxwell at the marriage of Maude Hems Waite & James Hunter in 1915. It does not say where it is in Antrim, but assuming it is Glenarm area as he is the nephew of my g.grandmother, Lizzie White (m. Waide (1), m. Maxwell (2). who was born at Little Deer Park, Glenarm.  ::)

Offline Kathymax

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 July 12 08:07 BST (UK) »
oops. when I say "he" is the nephew of my g.grandmother, I mean, James Hunter is.  I am assuming that Hugh is a cousin or relative. My g. grandfather is Alexander Maxwell who married Eliza Waide nee White at 1st Presbyterian church, portglenone in 1878. His father was Alexander Maxwell (and I think John was his middle name as that was named on the death cert of Alexander, who died in NZ.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 15 July 12 09:48 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!