Author Topic: Framsden Marriage/Birth Record look up please - CREASEY  (Read 6105 times)

Offline CresseyFamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Framsden Marriage/Birth Record look up please - CREASEY
« on: Wednesday 14 October 09 01:39 BST (UK) »
Joseph Hubbard Creasey  Creasy/ Cressey (yes the spelling changes over time)
b. 2 June 1806
Framsden, England, United Kingdom

(not sure who his siblings were)

(I assume Framsden)

his father was Samuel Creasey/Creasy/Cressey

Samuel married: Martha HUBBARD. (I think that is her name.)

what was Samuel's birthdate??? and who were his parents?

and their parents?

although Joseph's father may not have been a Samuel, someone told me it was but now I am not so sure. I just know Joseph H Creasey/ Creasy
if you can help me, thank you in advance ;)

Offline CresseyFamily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Framsden marriage and birth record look up please? :)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 01:53 BST (UK) »
also before someone posts about :

http://www.suffolk-surnames-list.co.uk/

I checked it out :)

the person who does the Framsden area no longer has that email, I checked :)

sorry I posted this in 'completed'  but hopefully someone can be nice enough to help me :)

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Framsden marriage and birth record look up please? :)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 15:11 BST (UK) »
No worries, I will move it over to the LOOKUP REQUESTS board for you.  I have the Framsden PRs on microfiche,  but I'm afraid that I do not have time to check them for you today.  I will get back to you with this information ASAP.

Just as a point of interest though, the links to the 2 volunteers offering lookups from the Framsden registers at the SSL are working. At least one of the volunteers definitely still has the same email address.;)

Rick :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CresseyFamily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Framsden Marriage/Birth Record look up please - CREASEY
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 16:46 BST (UK) »
thank you kindly :)

I think my family doesn't want to be found lol

I know they lived in Framsden, then Otley and later Helmingham. 2 brothers moved to Michigan and one boy and two girls stayed in Helmingham area, not sure if they had kids, but that doesn't matter right now. I am trying to find out about the Joseph (Hubbard?) Creasey/ Creassy/Creacy/ Cressey, well any alternet spellings. I know ancestry.com doesn't have much up on my family as anything on my family that is up there, I had put there myself.

I am guessing Joseph's father (assuming it is Samuel) was born in Framsden, if not, then it has to be somewhere near there :).

thank you again :)

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 16 October 09 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have checked the Framsden Baptismal Register and sadly 1803 -1813 appears to be missing. I imagine that these records have not survived as I have all the Framsden PRs 1558 - 1900 :(

I did find Samuel's marriage.

Samuel CREASEY to Martha HUBBARD - 19th July, 1785.  Both single and of the parish of Framsden.
Witnesses: Samuel? CREASEY & Henry LUFF.

I checked the baptismal register for Samuel's baptism but this period has not survived well.  Many pages are blank or too faint to read.  The incumbent of the period seems to have missed his calling, as his writing is very spidery and confusing and would not look out of place on a prescription!  However, I will persevere and get back to you.

Rick :)

Offline CresseyFamily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 16 October 09 16:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you kindly. I think his father's name is John Creasey, I might be wrong but then again not sure if his father was born in Framsden or not.

makes me wonder if he had siblings, that is something I will probably never know.. I am saying this because when Samuel's 2 grandsons came to Michigan (a few years before the US Civil War) they moved in with a Dr. Alonzo Creasey, which I am assuming is related to my family somehow... because Alonzo was born in the US and so was his father but the next generation up was probably from Suffolk.

my goal right now is to make a connection with a few Creasey / Creasy 's in the 1500s and someday I hope to get there, but if I figure out when Samuel was born and where is father was from and born, I might get to go further, I hate being stuck on a brick wall....

but this is why history is fun, uncovering family history :).

I have been to Suffolk four years ago when I worked in London, that is how I got the information I gave you, I also knocked on the Helmingham Estate to ask them a location of a house address and found out that my family didn't work for the Tollemache family, anyways, I find all of this interesting, my favourite period in Europe is the middle ages so I want to hopefully get to the 1500s and further back.... I have done that with most of my family history thus far.

just not the Creasey / Creasy / Cressey 's , they seem not want to be found lol :)

thank you kindly again :)

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 16 October 09 17:19 BST (UK) »
Re the Suffolk Surnames List - thanks for the heads up on Stella with the Framsden PRs - as you see we have two volunteers with those PRs  ;D

I am in touch with Stella in London and will double check the email address.

As the Framlingham Photo Archive web site is well under way, I hope the same web designer will be able to help bring the Surnames List up to date - once he has got my husband's little venture up and running, then we can begin on the Surnames List.

Still saving up my pension to pay for it   ::)

Pat ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 October 09 15:38 BST (UK) »
I'm a little confused because you initially seemed to think that Joseph's father was Samuel and you did mention Samuel's marriage to Martha HUBBARD.  On that basis when I was unable to locate Joseph's baptism because of the missing baptismal records - 1803 - 1813, I searched for and transcribed the details of Samuel and Martha's marriage!

I really think that before you can go back any further you need to be sure of Joseph's parentage.  In case the missing baptisms are only missing from my SRO copies, it would be well worth contacting Stella YOUNG at the SSL to see if her copies are complete, or if these records are indeed unavailable.  This being the case, you would appear to have a major problem which may preclude you from advancing any further with this family.

Rick :(

Offline CresseyFamily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 21 October 09 18:18 BST (UK) »
I'm a little confused because you initially seemed to think that Joseph's father was Samuel and you did mention Samuel's marriage to Martha HUBBARD.  On that basis when I was unable to locate Joseph's baptism because of the missing baptismal records - 1803 - 1813, I searched for and transcribed the details of Samuel and Martha's marriage!

I really think that before you can go back any further you need to be sure of Joseph's parentage.  In case the missing baptisms are only missing from my SRO copies, it would be well worth contacting Stella YOUNG at the SSL to see if her copies are complete, or if these records are indeed unavailable.  This being the case, you would appear to have a major problem which may preclude you from advancing any further with this family.

Rick :(

hi, I am now sure that Joseph's father was Samuel, it was something I had written down when I was in England several years ago, which sad to say I am unable to return for now, I hope in the future, I can.

but it was Samuel's father, I believe it is either Samuel or John. And I know it was in the 1700s when they were born, but not sure when exactly.

regards,

Rach.