Author Topic: Where was Joseph TARBOX born.  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Where was Joseph TARBOX born.
« on: Wednesday 14 October 09 11:07 BST (UK) »
On the 1851 Census i have Joseph living with his G/parents in Drayton Parslow, Bucks.  He is 1 yr old and where born is stated as being Woolwich, Kent. 

On the 1861 he is still living with G/parents in Drayton Parslow but his birth is given as Drayton Parslow.

1871 Census Joseph is living with the Taylor family in Nazeing, Essex as a farm servant and it states he was born in Woolwich, Kent.

1881 he is married and him and his family are living in Broxbourne, Herts, Birth place is Drayton, Bucks.

1891, he's in Nazeing again, birth place is Drayton.

1901, he's living in Cheshunt, Hants and his birth is Drayton , Bucks.

I would like to order his birth cert to find out how his parents are but cannot find him either being born in Drayton Parslow or Woolwich.

Can anyone help find him for me?

-------------------------------------------------------
Added:

Strangely enough:
On the 1851 Census I have Robert TARBOX 22 working and living with the Taylor family in Mursley, Bucks
This is the same family that Joseph is with on the 1871.

Robert could be either the father or uncle of Joseph.
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: Where was Joseph TARBOX born.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 11:38 BST (UK) »
The oldest child of Joseph's Grandparents - Richard & Sarah - was a John Tarbux [sic], born 1825 according to the IGI.

I cant see any of their other kids married in 1851 (John has gone to Fenny Stratford and has a blossoming family); missing from the 1851 are a James and William ....

The dau Sarah could be a candidate of course ..... but would she have worked in Greenwich ?

So w/o a birth entry, the only way to find Joseph's lineage is to see what his Marriage Cert reveals about his Father ....

think this might be the marriage, based on kids ages etc in 1881 ?

Marriages Dec 1872

GOODCHILD  Henry    Aylesbury  vol 3a page 817   
Tarbox  Joseph     Aylesbury  v 3a p 817   
WARD  Elizabeth     Aylesbury v 3a p 817   
WELFORD  Sarah     do do do   

* Eli* Ward can be seen in the 1861 census of North Marston - her declared PoB in the 1881 census
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 12:02 BST (UK) »
Thats great.   I'll order it later today.   Thanks :)
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 12:29 BST (UK) »
Have you got the 1841 census showing Richard & Sarah and kids (pre Joseph of course) ?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 October 09 13:04 BST (UK) »
yes, I have thanks.  It's just a shame that Joseph is with everyone apart from his parents on the Censuses.

The Tarboxes do like to keep me on my toes  lol