Author Topic: German immigrant to America, name of Leben  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Shawna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
German immigrant to America, name of Leben
« on: Thursday 15 October 09 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Please bare with me, I have never used this sight before and I am unsure if I am doing it correctly!  I was hoping to find out if anyone has access to german passenger information.  I have a Gustave Leben arriving in America around 1885.  I am unsure if this is a correct date, as my only link is what was stated in the 1900 state census.  He was born in 1865, in Philippsburg Karlsruhe Baden Wuerttemberg Germany.  I have his name as Gustave, Gustav, and I think August and Auguste.  Not 100% that they are the same person, but so far I am going with that idea.  I have his fathers name as Herman Leben, and his mothers name as Wilhelmina Tusca.  Again, I am unsure of any of this information, and was hoping somebody could pass on some ideas, or info that will get me moving.  Maybe his passenger information would have parents names, or people he traveled with, or something!
Thank you so much for your help and time!
Shawna

Offline jeannie1000cc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Sarah McCarthy 1885-1920
    • View Profile
Re: German immigrant to America, name of Leben
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 November 09 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to RootsChat

I took a look in the Ancestry databases and the closest match I found was:

Gustav Lubahn (passenger # 1099)
arr. date April 1883
age 22
Port of departure: Bremen, Germany
Ship name: Hohenstaufen
Port of arrival: Baltimore, MD
Last residence: Germany
Birthplace: Germany

Baltimore, Maryland. Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Baltimore, Maryland, 1820-1891. Micropublication M255. RG036. Rolls # 1-50. National Archives, Washington, D.C
Ref: M255 37

Good luck with your search,
Jeannie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BUDD, PAGE - Staffs; RICHARDSON, HUTT, MIDDLETON, NEAL, MATTHEWS - Warks; OLNER, GRIMES, GOODMAN - Leics

Offline Shawna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: German immigrant to America, name of Leben
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 November 09 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much, Ill check into this name more and see if I can find anything.  I so appreciate you help, Thank you!
Shawna ;D