Author Topic: Campbell/Gilmour/Wilkinson/Barr/McQuilkin/MILLAR  (Read 10879 times)

Offline Ballaghbeddy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Campbell/Gilmour/Wilkinson/Barr/McQuilkin/MILLAR
« Reply #18 on: Friday 24 August 12 14:43 BST (UK) »
I appreciate this information very much and thank you for taking the time to inform me.
ARTHUR  - Kiltest and Clarehill, Aghadowey Parish,
CAMPBELL - Vow, Finvoy Parish, Co. Antrim
DAVISON - Ballymoney, Co. Antrim
KIRKPATRICK - Coleraine, and Ballymoney (Co. Antrim)
MOORE - Dunloy, Co. Antrim
MORRISON - Ballymoney Parish, Co. Antrim
PATTERSON - Tullaghans, Finvoy Parish, Ballymoney
ROSS - Caldanagh (Dunloy), Finvoy Parish
SHAW - Tullaghans, Finvoy Parish, Ballymoney

Offline Ballaghbeddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 24 August 12 14:46 BST (UK) »
I am puzzled by the Moore/Ross connection.  Joseph Moore, Jr. married Margaret Ross, daughter of Campbell and Jane Ross.
She died some time after the birth of their first son, Robert Joseph Moore.  On the memorial card, it states that her remains
were at the home of her uncle, Joseph Moore.  He was also her father-in-law.  Maggie (Ross) Moore's parents were Robert Ross and Nancy (Gregg) Ross of Caldanagh.  I am curious as to the Moore connection and wonder if you would know about that.
ARTHUR  - Kiltest and Clarehill, Aghadowey Parish,
CAMPBELL - Vow, Finvoy Parish, Co. Antrim
DAVISON - Ballymoney, Co. Antrim
KIRKPATRICK - Coleraine, and Ballymoney (Co. Antrim)
MOORE - Dunloy, Co. Antrim
MORRISON - Ballymoney Parish, Co. Antrim
PATTERSON - Tullaghans, Finvoy Parish, Ballymoney
ROSS - Caldanagh (Dunloy), Finvoy Parish
SHAW - Tullaghans, Finvoy Parish, Ballymoney

Offline Latouv

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 09 August 23 23:11 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandparents, Joseph (58), farmer, and Annie L Moore (60), lived at No 35 Dunloy in 1901 with their family Thomas (28), Mary Jane (24) and Joseph (16). By 1911 census Annie had died and the family had moved to No 39 and consisted of Thomas (Snr), his son Thomas, Daniel Crealman (15), servant and Agnes Ervine (15) - probably Irvine. Their daughter Barbara had eloped with a widower Joseph Irvine and married in Ireland in 1899 (my grandparents). They emigrated to Scotland after their marriage. Agnes was the daughter of my grandfather by his first marriage and moved to Scotland with him and my grandfather after their elopement. However, she disappears from the Scottish census. I believe she returned to Dunloy at some stage and would have been staying with her grandfather at No 39 in 1911. I believe I have a relative Moore, an undertaker, who has a business near Dunloy. I have never visited Ireland, north or south, although I hold an Irish passport.  I would like to hear from anyone with further information. Thank you - Stephen Moore Logan Young.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 31 August 23 08:42 BST (UK) »
It may not be that the family lived in different houses in 1901 and 1911. The 'house numbers' are merely the number for the household that the enumerator assigned them.
In 1911 you can see the actual address on Form A (click on 'additional pages')- in this case it is merely the townland-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001388786/
What you can check is the Valuation Revision Books on PRONI's site which will allow you to see properties from the printed version of Griffith's Valuation until c1930.-
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/information-and-services/search-archives-online/valuation-revision-books
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!