Author Topic: Help Please finding Henry Cosgrove b 1871  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Marg140

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help Please finding Henry Cosgrove b 1871
« on: Friday 23 October 09 16:03 BST (UK) »
Henry Cosgrove b.1871 - showed on 1911 census Ireland. have his parents names - brothers and sisters births but he is just not showing up at all - family from Belfast Ireland - parents married in Tangragee 30/9/1870 - Henry 1871 NO DETAILS then 1874 to 1891 6 more children born in Ireland - found family in 1881 Census living in Liverpool HENRY not with then - family moved back to Belfast between 1881 - 1884 - question is what would they have done with Henry???? he would be about 10 years old and not living with family - please could anyone shed even a glimmer of light on this - am almost sure I have the right family - just dont know where to look -  ??? ??? ???

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please finding Henry Cosgrove b 1871
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 October 09 16:20 BST (UK) »
Not sure if I understand the details you've posted so could you please clarify a few things.

Henry Cosgrove b.1871 - showed on 1911 census Ireland.
Have you found Henry Cosgrove in 1911 census on Ireland? (aged about 40 years born ?) if so could you give link.
Do you have Henry's birth certificate? names of parents? exact date and place of birth?
Or is your only question where to find Henry Cosgrove in 1881? id the family moved back to Ireland shortly after 1881 census then perhaps Henry came over 1st and stayed with relatives in Ireland or else is just somewhere else in england on the census night.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Marg140

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 October 09 16:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your prompt reply - 1911 Irish Census (Harry) Henry Cosgrove living at 30 Back St Ballyshannon Donegal - sorry not good enuff to send link!! have handwritten details on his marriage and print out from Ancestry?? district vol page no etc  Henry married in 1908 in Bundoran - rang Belfast but told to ring GRO Dublin - did this -  cant order cert over phone - went on web site of GRO - started to complete app but nowhere to put details of volume etc - Im probably being a bit thick - will try again later -[ NO birth cert for Henry[/] - tried numerous sites nothing coming up for him - parents names are Patrick & Catherine Cosgrove (nee Fagan or Fegan) have details from  Anc of their marriage - sorry rambling again - its just so frustrating !!!!! What I want is Henry's birth details but as Ive said he is just not coming thru on any sites - NO MATCHES
regards
Margaret

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 October 09 17:18 BST (UK) »
Starting with the 'sighting' on 1911 census-
Here's the link to Harry Cosgrove age 40 born City of Belfast
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai002042251/
The household is number 30 Back Street but if you look at page 2 you will see that there is no street number-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai002042250/

Age in census might not be 100% correct, especially since he was a visitor in the household. There is, I think a male Cosgrove born 1869 Co. Antrim but haven't checked in registration index for that entry yet.

Offline Marg140

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 October 09 19:27 BST (UK) »
Would be really grateful if you can find anything out about the male born in 1869 - I am plodding away myself and will continnue to do so

Many thanks
Margaret

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 October 09 20:16 BST (UK) »
You can search index to civil registrations for 'male Cosgrove', press 'search' and then refine search by place (Antrim), event (birth) to see several possibilities but index will not give parents' names.
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347

Offline Marg140

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 23 October 09 20:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that info I presume I can contact GRONI and order this cert????
Margaret ??? ???

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 23 October 09 23:49 BST (UK) »
See here for details about ordering certificates for N.I. counties-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,383526.0.html

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 October 09 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret,

have been looking at your various threads. I take it that you have Henry's father's name from his (Henry's) marriage certificate so you are sure that you have the right one- Patrick who is a cooper?

The 1881 Henry with Sarah Smith that you asked about on the other thread was born Nottingham so probably is not yours. No connection to Ireland in the household.

Besides the 1869 Male Cosgrove birth, there is also a Henry Fegan birth 1870 which may be a possibility (and a Henry Cosgrave but that is Larne)

when you send for the birth, you will have parents names to help with the search though.

Lastly, the family may have left Henry in Ireland with relatives perhaps- he would have been old enough to be at least a help with work if not working properly himself.

good luck with your searches
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk