Author Topic: Earl Schafer  (Read 5045 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Earl Schafer
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 October 09 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Sandra, May states she was "wd" (widowed) in 1930.  However, I've found a couple of other times when the separated partners said they were widowed, rather than split up.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 October 09 17:29 GMT (UK) »
I've not taken the time to reread everything.  We are just assuming that Vandenburg is Maxine's last name, correct (because of the sister's names in 1920)?  There is still a possibility that the 1920 census is a coincidence.  Which means Maxine may/may not have been born in Oregon.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 25 October 09 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Ok, now I'm confused.  Are there two Maxine's?

Oregon death index has
Maxine Pha Hope, passed away 6 March 1970, age 18. County was Klamath.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 25 October 09 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Lisa.

This threw me for sometime but the age at death is incorrect for all 3 on the cemetery info site. John Robert Hope was born 1912 so he should read 54. Joseph was 1888 so he should be 75 years. Maxine born 1912 should be 58 years. That would tie in with the 1920 census for Maxine. The ancestry Oregon death record is wrong as well - saying she was 18 years old.
Because of what that cemetery information said I altered her date of birth to read 1918.
The obit info gives the 2 sisters who are on the same 1920 census with Maxine.

It really has been confusing.

BW
Sandra.

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Ohio Susan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 31 October 09 13:08 GMT (UK) »
I know you are looking for Earl, but this might be Addie:
Cook County index for deaths
Adelia Schafer died April 10, 1917 in Cook County, Illinois.  No age given.  The archive repository location: Cook County Clerk, Chicago, Illinois. 

1917-04-11
Chicago Tribune (IL)

SCHAFER

Edition: Chicago Tribune

Adelia Schafer [nee Butler], beloved wife of the late Martin, fond mother of Mrs. M. H. Rogers, Edward, Mrs. W. H. Readey, Carrie, Frank J., Mrs. J. P. McMahon. Funeral Thursday, April 12, at 10:30 a.m., from her late residence, 1145 S. California-av., to St. Agatha's church, by autos to Mount Carmel. St. Thomas, Canada, papers please copy.
SCHOFIELD - Lancashire, Manchester, Oldham