Author Topic: Edward Lowe  (Read 1085 times)

Offline ems1973uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Edward Lowe
« on: Monday 26 October 09 05:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for the birth of Edward Lowe C1801, in Shropshire.
He is the father of Edward Edwin, and grandfather of James Henry Lowe, my husbands ancestors.
He married an "Ann", but again we have no idea when, only that she too was born in Shropshire.

This information was gleaned from the 1841 and 1881 census'.

Does anyone share this ancestor in common with us?

I know there are local OPC's but as yet have found nothing of any use to me in respect to this ancestor.

Many thanks

Emma
Woodford - Beaulieu, Boldre, Lymington, Holdenhurst, Bournemouth, Norley Wood.  King - Christchurch.  Wright - Bournemouth.  Leat - Ringwood, Beaulieu.  Hillier - Beaulieu. Rawlings - Beaulieu.  Harris - Beaulieu.   Bessant - Bournemouth.  Bartlett - Bournemouth.  Adams - Hertfordshire, London.  Johnston - London, Ireland. 
Linggood - Essex and Kent.  Lowe - Lancashire, Kent, Essex.  Sampson and Merrifield - Dorset and Hampshire.  Another area includes Basted, Kent.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Lowe
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 October 09 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Do you know when Edward Edwin was born? His birth certifcate may give Ann's maiden name.

Offline ems1973uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 October 09 02:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello there
Thanks for responding so quickly!

I have Edward Edwin born in Tranmere, Lancashire in 1832.
In several following census returns, his parents are listed as having been born in Shropshire.

I don't know if the marriage records have parental details as far back as 1832, as I thought the record keeping appeared to change as of 1838?

Thanks everso!

Emma
Woodford - Beaulieu, Boldre, Lymington, Holdenhurst, Bournemouth, Norley Wood.  King - Christchurch.  Wright - Bournemouth.  Leat - Ringwood, Beaulieu.  Hillier - Beaulieu. Rawlings - Beaulieu.  Harris - Beaulieu.   Bessant - Bournemouth.  Bartlett - Bournemouth.  Adams - Hertfordshire, London.  Johnston - London, Ireland. 
Linggood - Essex and Kent.  Lowe - Lancashire, Kent, Essex.  Sampson and Merrifield - Dorset and Hampshire.  Another area includes Basted, Kent.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 October 09 03:47 GMT (UK) »
Yes, you're right - official registration started in 1837, but earlier records in some areas can still give good info.
I was hoping that  Edward Edwin may have been born in 1837 or later. If any of his siblings were born after 1837 you may like to consider buying one of their birth certificates (assuming they have the same mother) which will give Ann's maiden name.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 October 09 03:49 GMT (UK) »
Do you have the family in all censuses? If so, do any of them say whereabouts in Shropshire they are from?