Author Topic: Drummond family Johnstone by Lockerbie  (Read 7779 times)

Offline MCGILLICUDDY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Drummond family Johnstone by Lockerbie
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Maggie

We actually live in Sheffield, but I have family in Glasgow & Edinburgh.

My Father was born in Dumfriess and lived at Johnstone Bridge and my Granfather was a GP there where he died.

We promised ourselves that we would visit there when we next went up to Scotland so may well have a look around. You never know I may find Peter Drummond!

Offline dinelson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 June 10 18:52 BST (UK) »
Did you ever solve this mystery? I am related to Peter Drummond and Mary Buchanan, as well. They also had a son named Charles, who is my GGG grandfather.
Diana Drummond Nelson

Offline MCGILLICUDDY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 June 10 19:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana

No I never really solved it, in fact have given up on that side of the family at the moment.

Only know that my Peter Drummond is down as father occupation gardener, and Mary Drummond (Buchanan)mother  on the extract re John's death at Barjarg, Keir in 1868 and that John must have been born about 1784.

Know nothing about his parents, cannot find any trace of them, any siblings otr even a birth for John.

Offline ailsaman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 28 January 11 19:00 GMT (UK) »
I am new to this forum but have come across this thread about the Drummond family. I live in Moffat in a house built in 1880 for Bernard Gilbert Drummond who was the son of Peter Drummond. Peter Drummond was a plumber in South West Scotland and I believe was also involved in the early manufacture of motor cars. Bernard was married to Margaret Corson McKay and they had nine children, all surviving into adulthood. We have had members of the family visit us to see the family home and they have come from Canada, South Africa and Herefordshire. In one of our attic rooms we have a sink which was new to the house and has the name Peter Drummond and Sons Plumbers Moffat printed into the glazing also within the town there are a number of manhole covers with the same wording cast into them. I also have a photograph of Bernard and his family outside Drummond House taken in 1896. Whilst I appreciate that this does not give you any dates or other information it may help in confirming the Moffat connection for you.

Offline MCGILLICUDDY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 January 11 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ailsaman

Although, I am not sure if there is a connection but does give food for thought.It's a very interesting post. It must be wonderful to live in a house and know all it's history.