Author Topic: Birth/Baptism of Rebecca Cheek  (Read 1701 times)

Offline yvonne31

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth/Baptism of Rebecca Cheek
« on: Wednesday 28 October 09 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi can anyone help me with the birth or baptism of Rebecca Cheek born about 1827 in Great Dunmow.Her father was Benjamin Cheek Schoolmaster and her mother Sarah. Any other children by this couple would also help.
Thank you
Yvonne

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: Birth/Baptism of Rebecca Cheek
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 October 09 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Do you have thier marriage record or have you found them on any census's please  :)
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline yvonne31

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 October 09 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi I don't have a marriage record of Sarah and Benjamin and I have not found them on any census.I have found Rebecca on all census records up to her death (except 1841) and I have copies of her marriage to William Triggs in 1847 and George Prior in 1857 both of these show her father as Benjamin Schoolmaster.I have found baptism records of Mary Ann and William son and daughter of Benjamin and Sarah in Hythe Kent.There is a removal order  to Hythe for Sarah Cheek and five children wife of absconded schoolmaster Benjamin in the Essex records office but I have not got a copy of it yet.This has been the most complicated branch of my family tree.
Thank you Yvonne

Offline Yorkslass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 October 09 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Yvonne,

Sorry I can't help with Rebecca's baptism, but there is this interesting clip from The Examiner, Sunday July 1 1832, about Benjamins disappearance...
Yorkslass
Norris, London 1800's
Bird, Gt Yarmouth 1800's
Smowton, Yarmouth/Norwich 1770
Dublack, Yarmouth
Binks, Essex
Wilcock, Lancashire
Kettlewell, Yorkshire

Offline yvonne31

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 October 09 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thanks for the information on Benjamin Cheek it explains why i could not find him on the census.
Thanks again Yvonne