Author Topic: hankins  (Read 68512 times)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: hankins
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 01 November 09 05:17 GMT (UK) »
sorry about the repeats..but things were busy at chat room and I was told to send later..which I did, and saw that I had said much the same as before...did not know it was already sent....

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 November 09 20:17 GMT (UK) »
The message I sent was on the Hankins site..which appears to be rather confusing, as there are two ..the one with just Hankins...dalek.  and the one with Hankins 12....Then there is the site Herefordshire on the top of display screen when you bring the Rootschat.com up....maybe we should just have the one Hankins site ..as I'm not sure as to what one I should use.....
Also..re Carson tree...I'll re-direct that to you..as we have a membership with them.....
I have just received a message from them with names and dates on John Hankins and family, which I will look at later, but have family arriving at any moment..and if they are different to what we have then I'll pass that on also...
If you still have any trouble finding that message, just let me know, and I'll resend it....
I'm REALLY looking forward to today, they have just said its going to be 33d,,and we are not in summer yet...oh boy !!    I may be off the air for a day or two, as I am minding the "grand dogs"  had the grandchildren yesterday for two days...no wonder I get muddled in the head.......Bye for now..

Offline Chilis

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 01 November 09 20:49 GMT (UK) »
When you return to the cause, you might look at Genuki for Herefordshire and the section of 'Family Deeds'.  There is a covenant dated April 1842 which mentions both a William and Richard HANKINS and they seem to be at Donnington which is about 3 miles from Dymock (you mentioned Dymock earlier, though I have no idea in what context).

Family Deeds
Re: Deed of Covenant dated 10 April 1842

Names mentioned:

Richard HANKINS   Gentleman. Former of lands called Taylors before William Hankins and also lands called Allcrofts and Bernards in the parish of Donnington/Ledbury

William HANKINS   Gentleman. Formerly of lands called Taylors after Richard Hankins and also lands called Allcrofts in the parish of Donnington/Ledbury

I've finished a weekend of grandchildren sitting myself, hence a bit of light relief looking at other folks research requests...
Chilis

Offline Glamis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 01 November 09 21:19 GMT (UK) »
You all should look at the latest at the thread for Lieut. Col. James'Dalrymple on the Scotland thread. The latest is the stuff for Granny ASWD- Hankins and the Regimental Colours.

Offline Chilis

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 01 November 09 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Back to the 'lost' Hannah Maria HANKINS - She didn't return to England and re-marry did she?  There's a marriage March Q. 1888 Litchfield 6b 527 of a Hannah Maria HANKINS..

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 02 November 09 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Chillis...I'll certainly look into that.....actually I thought of that, but didn't know where to look.......

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 02 November 09 04:19 GMT (UK) »
chillis   I doubt that she would return to UK what with all that family of hers, plus grandchildren...if she did re-marry I think it would have been in NZ...but...I dont know...no sign of her in the NZ records other than a Anna Maria..with "unknown"...maybe she was in the Palmerston area where her son was...

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 November 09 07:04 GMT (UK) »
I would like to know..need help....John Hankins father was Richard Hankins..Both John and his father Richard gave their occupations as farmers..Johns address at the time of his marriage was Swindon. Gloucester...  William, Johns brother, gave his birthplace as Sugwas, Herefordshire. 1818...also a farmer.. John Hankins birthplace was Bartestree, Herefordshire...1822..
What I need to know..is where Richard Hankins was born...date around 1801  minus 5 years each side... I have looked at his marriage to Ann Hall..Ann Brown.. Ann Cowley...All the records show is Anne... Anne who ??   I would like to trace this family back further...Any information would be great.

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 02 November 09 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know any information who Richard Hankins, born 1801, give or take a couple of years...was married to..Anne..Who??  His children were born at Bartestree, Herefordshire..but I have a notion he came from Gloucestershire. I could be wrong...would love to know...