Author Topic: Curran and Stevenson Ramelton  (Read 5700 times)

Offline They Search for us

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Curran and Stevenson Ramelton
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 01:15 GMT (UK) »
Lodger.
HI I am a curran from ramelton and was showing this to my farther last night and he has a great knowledge of the family history so I will sit down and try and get information from him
[/quote]

Hi Rocky111,

I hope we can make a connection, I know of a Curran relation who lives at the Roughan, big house on the right at the top of the hill. He has a brother who I met about 2 years ago, he farms on the other side of the town (last house before the bridge was his directions!)
I plan another trip to the Ramelton/Letterkenny area in June to attend a wedding, so perhaps we could meet up? I have a good deal more information on the Curran and Stevenson families than I admit to on the Board, it seems to have more than its share of know-it-all's!
I was in Conway's in August this year, a good pint of stout and the Blue Goat is a great shop.
[/quote]

Did you ask Joe about his Buchanan roots - his great grandmother was Rachel Stevenson....

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 13:58 GMT (UK) »

Did you ask Joe about his Buchanan roots - his great grandmother was Rachel Stevenson....

Joe?
Paterson, Torrance, Gilchrist - Hamilton Lanarkshire. 
McCallum - Oban, McKechnie - Ross of Mull Argyll.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Binnie - Muiravonside Stirlingshire.
Curran, McCafferty, Stevenson, McCue - Co Donegal
Gibbons, Weldon - Co Mayo.
Devlin - Co Tyrone.
Leonard - County Donegal & Glasgow.

Offline Rocky111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 19:04 GMT (UK) »
I think that is my uncle who lives in the big house the man you need to chat to is Charlie who farms and lives close by he has a wealth of knowledge and can go back about 3 or 4 generations as one he wanight he informed me that fergusons from the high carin were also related and hynes from ramelton were also related to the currans

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 18 January 24 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for getting back to me, yes it was Charlie I spoke to a couple of years ago, he said that the next time I came he would take me to High Carn and show me where the Stevenson's farmed.
Patsy Hynes who lived in Clydebank, near Glasgow, was Charlie & Peter's cousin, he was the rich one of the family! The Ferguson's were connected through Annie Stevenson, they didn't move from Ramelton, unlike most of her siblings, they lived at Clooney and are buried in the old churchyard with the ruined church, right in the middle of the town.
Paterson, Torrance, Gilchrist - Hamilton Lanarkshire. 
McCallum - Oban, McKechnie - Ross of Mull Argyll.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Binnie - Muiravonside Stirlingshire.
Curran, McCafferty, Stevenson, McCue - Co Donegal
Gibbons, Weldon - Co Mayo.
Devlin - Co Tyrone.
Leonard - County Donegal & Glasgow.

Offline Rocky111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 18 January 24 14:14 GMT (UK) »
There was a wille ferguson  from the high cairn married a bridget dotherty from loughres milford and lived in clydebank but they had no family