Author Topic: Derwen Jane Lloyd b abt 1809  (Read 7166 times)

Offline elliecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Derwen Jane Lloyd b abt 1809
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 December 13 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Would love to know more about Jane LLoyd whose daughter Sarah Holland was my father's grandfather on his mother's side. Where is Derwen?

I am also looking for the baptism of a Jane Lloyd from Derwen born abt 1809 and who later moved to Mostyn and married a Peter Holland. From their marriage cert i believe she had a sister called Sarah but that could be just a coincidence.

I stumbled across this question and Joined up to this site. We live in the House that you mentioned Coetia Mawr in Brynford and would love to know more about the history of the place but have no idea where to start. Did you find out much on you quest? We now run the site as a pet cemetery.
[/quote]

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 January 14 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elliecat

Just wondered how you were related as your statement of Sarah Holland being your fathers grandfather doesn't make any sense. Derwen is in Denbighshire, past Ruthin on the way to Corwen.
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline elliecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 January 14 15:31 GMT (UK) »
I should have that Jane Lloyd married Peter Holland and their daughter Sarah Holland was my father's maternal great grandmother. She married in Mostyn in 1833 and lived in Mostyn Squares from 1837 until her death in 1867. The 1851 census gives her birthplace as Derancn to which is a note to say that it was wrongly transcribed and should have said Derwen. The census page is so faint as to be unrecognisable . In 1861 the census says Whitford Flintshire. The marriage certificate notes that both Peter and Jane were of that parish - Mostyn .
I have found a Jane Lloyd born in 1810 in Cilcain.

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 23 January 14 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Have you been in contact with anybody else following this line as there are a few of us about!

I've a copy of Jane and Peter's marriage from the church records and I've just assumed that Jane had moved to the parish before they were married for work or whatever. I have found a suitable baptism for her in the Derwen parish records but it's by no means conclusive.

I have the church burial record and copy of Jane's death cert and her husband Peter's death cert, and the baptism entry for their daughter Sarah if you would like me to send you a copy.

Sarah
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline elliecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 23 January 14 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Have you been in contact with anybody else following this line as there are a few of us about!

I've a copy of Jane and Peter's marriage from the church records and I've just assumed that Jane had moved to the parish before they were married for work or whatever. I have found a suitable baptism for her in the Derwen parish records but it's by no means conclusive.

I have the church burial record and copy of Jane's death cert and her husband Peter's death cert, and the baptism entry for their daughter Sarah if you would like me to send you a copy.

Sarah

Sarah

Thanks  . You are the only one to respond so far. I too wondered if Jane had moved for work.. i have the marriage certificate and it says that both Peter and Jane were married with parental consent , so they must have been under age . I would much appreciate Jane's death certificate. Thank You. I have Peter's and that of his son Peter who was killed in a mining accident. But have we come to a brick wall with Jane ?? ???
Regards

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 23 January 14 21:39 GMT (UK) »
The Peter that died in the mining accident was my great great grandfather. I can send the baptism record I believe might be Jane's from Derwen Parish and I'll send the other documents I've mentioned. I'll private message you my email address so that if you email me I'll email you them back.

You might find this website of interest http://www.hollandfamilyhistory.co.uk/ A different branch of the line has put it together, our line is on there but as for everyone's research if it's not your own don't assume it's fact until you've double checked it yourself.

Sarah
Ireland Mccaffery