Author Topic: Bradley children  (Read 13834 times)

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bradley children
« Reply #36 on: Friday 06 November 09 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Can I ask someone for a lookup please?
I found a Joseph Bradley in Boston Passengers Lists 1820-1943, where J Jordan is listed as a friend. Is there a way to find out if he is James (Jim) Jordan? Maybe Joseph is travelling with his brother in law (Ruby's husband)? If so, that would seriously help in finding Joseph's whereabouts!
if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Suzanne
Bradley (Liverpool, Toxteth Park / Co. Sligo, Co. Tyrone); Wheler/Wheeler  (Poole, Liverpool); Ganly (Co. Roscommon / Edinburgh); Kilculllen (Co. Sligo); Lush (Dorset); Dignan (Co. Sligo); Hoare (Co. Roscommon)

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 12 November 09 00:52 GMT (UK) »
I found John's birth.  That poor kid probbaly had an identity crisis! Born as Jean, censused as John and died as Giovanni!

I found Joseph Jean Arthur Anfossi, born on Nov 22, 1910 to Francois Anfossi and Elizabeth Bradley and baptized Nov 27.

The godparents are there, but they do not share a last name - Aurthur Geoffroise???? and his wife, Marce Paquette???  They might be a cousin of Franks or they might just be friends.

He was baptized at Notre Dame.

thanks for helping me out with this search, as soon as I can I will get a subscription to either FindMyPast or Ancestry :) In the meantime, I managed to find out more about Arthur Geoffrion and last weekend I met with his grand-niece (80), who has published his autobiography (in French only). She could not trace Elizabeth yet, but the info fits and also in 1907 he was appointed immigration legal counsel so that would perhaps explain why Frank got to be in his office at one point if he immigrated in 1906.

Anyway, it's just great to be able to give "life" to people like that :-)  By the way, "journalier" means a type of worker who takes jobs when he can and where he can - maybe it's the translation of "labourer"?
Bradley (Liverpool, Toxteth Park / Co. Sligo, Co. Tyrone); Wheler/Wheeler  (Poole, Liverpool); Ganly (Co. Roscommon / Edinburgh); Kilculllen (Co. Sligo); Lush (Dorset); Dignan (Co. Sligo); Hoare (Co. Roscommon)

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 12 November 09 02:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Looks like Robina remarried. There is a marriage for a Robina Bradley December 1902 quarter volume 8b, page 109, Liverpool District. Possible spouse would be James Scott Knight or Evan Thomas.

Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 17 November 09 03:54 GMT (UK) »
Here she is as Broadly in 1911, working in the Geoffrion household
http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census11/SplitView.jsp?id=103007

and yes, the BHC weren't always orphans, even the ones found in orphanages...Sometimes the new spouse didn't want the children...and so on...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 03:42 GMT (UK) »
The ship you were asking about arrived Boston 24 Oct 1923 with 37 year old Joseph and 35 year old Gertrude.  Joseph was a pattern maker born in Bradford and gave a brother - L. Bradley 26 Orchard St. Bradford as his British contact.  Going to Providence Rhode Island.  They were going to his brother-in-law's, J. Jordan 287 Swan Street Providence Rhode Island.  This is probably the same Joseph Bradley, pattern-maker who appeared as a boarder in Lawrence Ward, Essex Mass. on the 1910 census.  He filled in a 1917 draft registration card as Joe Bradley showing a birth in Bradford North Yorkshire and a date of birth of 4 March 1890.  There was also a Joseph Bradley who arrived in New York in 1907 on the Baltic.  He was shown born in Bradford and had been employed as a model--maker.   It seems as though you could cross him off.

I tried to find a Joseph Bradley linked with Lavinia as that would agree with the record that J.J. found previously (attestation papers from WWI).  Not successful.

In 1930 there is in Valhalla Village, Westchester New York working as a handyman at the Blythdale Home Joseph Bradley 40, born England with both parents born England.  Immigration year 1905.  His wife is Lillian, a nurse at the home, also 40 b. England. Immigration year 1923.  They were 38 when they married - a first marriage for each.

Debbie

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 26 March 10 19:47 GMT (UK) »
I found an Elizabeth Bradley (aged 15), Robina Bradley (aged 13) and Ellen Bradley (aged 12) in St Elizabeth's Institute in 1901 in Liverpool, England.

They were all born in Lanc, Liverpool.

Where does one find these records? :) It would be great if I could get a copy or something....

Added 27 March : Ok found them :) thanks anyway

Then I looked at the 1891 census for those name and found this:

Jospeh Bradley b. 1859  Warehouse Labourer
Robina Bradley b. 1861
Joseph Bradley b. 1895
Elizabeth Bradley b. 1886
Robina Bradley b. 1888
Ellen Bradley b. 1890 (the census transcript says Etter because the `R' in Robina loops down and crosses the `ll' in ellen, but it is clearly Ellen)

The lived in Toxteth Park.
All were born in Liverpool.

I finally subscribed to FindMyPast and wanted to look at the page but could never find it :( Is there something I am doing wrong? I found the others, though.

thanks!!

Added 27 March : Ok found them

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 26 March 10 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Looks like Robina remarried. There is a marriage for a Robina Bradley December 1902 quarter volume 8b, page 109, Liverpool District. Possible spouse would be James Scott Knight or Evan Thomas.

Linda

Looks like the man is Evan, from 1911 census. Robina is said to be 50 and have been married for 8 years (that would fit with a marriage in 1902) to Evan Thomas, 68.

thanks!

S.

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 20 April 10 00:58 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
I just received the GRO marriage cert for Joseph and Robina (Wheler). Joseph's father is said to be John Bradley (deceased), tailor, but I've done some research and everything leads me to Michael Bradley, b. Ireland, also a tailor. Everything seems to fit (dates, censuses, spouses, children), except for the first name! :( Is it possible that he would have been recorded under different first names? or am I going the wrong way??

Also, the witnesses are Patrick Barrett and Kate Bradley. Would they be spouses? I found Patrick and Kate Barrett b Ireland in the 1881 census, and a Catherine Bradley as possibly Joseph's sister.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Suzanne

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 20 April 10 01:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Suzanne

I have a Michael (GRO Scotland birth record as Michael with no middle name) named for his grandfather. On 1901 Scotland census as Michael. On his WW1 attestation papers and parish death record he is Ivan. So it is possible. On his attestation papers his place of birth and date matched Michael's GRO birth, clinched it.

Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby