Author Topic: Bradley children  (Read 13840 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bradley children
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 21 April 10 16:57 BST (UK) »
You may be in luck as marriages March Q. 1882
Patrick BARRETT with a Kate Bradley on page Toxteth Park   vol. 8b  p.450
There's a  Catherine BRADLEY, Servant at 142 Harrowby age 14 for the Mosely family...seems young, but 16 years olds married all the time so suppose could be..... you could pick up that marriage as well, but I suppose it could be a cousin as well as a sister, but you never know...

BTW my ancestor's family tended to use middle names as well....
~~~~~~~
Did you note that the fellow Joseph & Robina were with in 1881 Toxteth Park was a tailor as well...Might his name have been Parker as there appear to be some Parker/Bradley connections and there was a Parker 2 doors down...
and Elizabeth Wheler ( one household down, but same address) says wife ( head) but no husband shown.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 26 April 10 14:55 BST (UK) »
thanks for that, JJ, yes I did see the tailor connection... If John/Michael/Michl Bradley was a tailor and Joseph's dad indeed, the Bakers/Barkers/Parkers might have been connected/related but I don't think parents :( I am awaiting more certificates to clear a few things up, but it does look like the relationships in the 1881 census were perhaps misinterpreted, as Debbie said. I am pretty sure Elizabeth Wheler (possible maiden name Ganly) is Robina's mother, and Elizabeth Ann L'Estrange (or Strange as I found out since from m. between Elizabeth (Annie in 1871 census) Wheeler and John Strange in 1872), 26, is Robina's sister, and Elizabeth Ann (most probably Elizabeth and John's daughter), 6, her niece. Could not find John Strange anywhere after 1874 though.

Father George Wheeler is back on the 1891 Census. He was a mariner, so I suppose it's possible he was just not present for the other censuses... He is there with wife Elizabeth and daughter Elizabeth (now Challand) and grand-daughter Elizabeth Strange.

I find it sometimes quite confusing, sigh. AND going in every directions  :o There are too many Josephs, Robinas and Elizabeths in that family, lol.

But it's looking good, at any rate if I am right I might have gone one generation back on grand-ma's maternal side :) Fingers crossed :)

S.
Bradley (Liverpool, Toxteth Park / Co. Sligo, Co. Tyrone); Wheler/Wheeler  (Poole, Liverpool); Ganly (Co. Roscommon / Edinburgh); Kilculllen (Co. Sligo); Lush (Dorset); Dignan (Co. Sligo); Hoare (Co. Roscommon)

Offline michelynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 18 April 11 19:28 BST (UK) »
Suzanne,
   The Anfossi family of Canada are my brother's future in-laws.  Their Canadian relative is Joseph Leopold Anfossi born 24 Apr 1920 in Canada. He served in WWII and was a decorated Sergeant in the 2nd Armoured Regiment (Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians)) 5th Canadian Armoured Division http://www.rcaca.org/includes/r-LdSH.asp.

Could Joseph Leopold (died 2005 in Irvine, California USA) be one of the 8 children you were referring to? I have a confirmed knowledge of 4: Joseph Jean Arthur b. 1910 (aka John, Giovanni),  Angelina Ruby Charlotte b. 1912 (aka Angiolina), Francois Joseph Stephen b. 1913 (aka Francesco), and Michele Secondo b. 1918.

Trying to put together the family tree for my new extended family so I would love to know the rest of the family, the Bradley family included and if you are aware of Joseph Leopold because this is the only Anfossi family (Michele Francesco Anfossi and Elizabeth Bradley) that I have found in Canada. Thank you and God bless!

Michelle
Byrom, Waddington, Jagger, Senior, Glover in West Riding of Yorkshire, England
Mckeon, Power in Greater London, Essex and Waterford, Ireland
Elliott emigrated to New England from England, settled in North Carolina in the mid 1600's
Nichols from Ulster, Ireland
Goltra from Warwickshire and possibly Netherlands
Carpenter in New York, USA and Wiltshire, Herefordshire, England
Larson/Bolstad in Ulvik and Ål, Hallingdal in Norway

Offline michelynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 05:18 BST (UK) »
Found Angelina Anfossi: Death in Manhattan, New York She died at 8 months 19 Dec 1909 so born possibly in April of that year. http://www.germangenealogygroup.com/NYCDEATHRESULTS.asp?soundex=&kind=exact&Esurname=Anfossi&Efirst=&StartYear=&EndYear=&B1=Submit
Elliott emigrated to New England from England, settled in North Carolina in the mid 1600's

Offline michelynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 30 April 11 23:13 BST (UK) »
I found John's Death in 1919.

Giovanni Anfossi on March 7 (registered March 10).  It says he was 8.  That fits.

It has the mother as Elizabeth Biedel.

It has the father as a `journalier'.  I could not find it in the translation program I often use.

Journalier means laborer.

Taken from Basilique Notre-Dame Parish Registers:

French:
Le dix Mars; mil neuf cent dix-neuf, nous, Prétré soussigné, avons inhumé dans le Cimetière de cette paroisse le corps de Giovanni Anfossi, fils de Francesco Anfossi, journalier, et de Elizabeth Biedel

décédé le sept du mois àgé de huit;
de la paroisse de Notre Dame du Mont. Carmel
Témoins: Francois Desmarchais et Lindsay Cochetiere tons deux commis

Loose English Translation:
On March 10th, nineteen hundred nineteen, we, the undersigned priest, have buried in the cemetery of this parish the body of Giovanni Anfossi, son of Francesco Anfossi, laborer, and Elizabeth Biedel

passed away on seven of the month aged eight;
Parish of Our Lady of Mt. Caramel
Witnesses: Francois Desmarchais and Lindsay Cochetiere two clerks