Author Topic: marriage???  (Read 6698 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: marriage???
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 01 November 09 15:31 GMT (UK) »
I dont see many Donnachie marriages listed in the the Civil index (about 12) - and only one before 1890, and that's too late (a Edward Donnachie in 1888 in Cork). Have you encountered any alternative spellings of the name ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 01 November 09 15:42 GMT (UK) »
not yet as ive just started on this tree, but ill keep you posted if i find any varients, this one has got me stumped

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 01 November 09 16:00 GMT (UK) »
I think Donaghey is a possible alterntive... people from different areas pronounce the gh differently. e.g. in some area people pronounce Doherty/Dougherty as 'Docherty'.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 01 November 09 16:53 GMT (UK) »
they had a son peter donnachie around 1895 in hag hill dennistoun glasgow and 3 daughters catherine 1886, margaret 1891 and ellen 1893.
in 1881 Residence
    Maryhill, Lanarkshire, Scotland
    88 Wyndford St
Residence
    Glasgow Parkhead, Lanarkshire, Scotland
    261 Great Eastern Rd, this is all the info of the census i have, they were from ireland but moved to glasgow

Hello,
Is this right?
in 1881, John is living with his mother Annie and siblings at 88 Wyndford Street. His younger siblings were all born in Maryhill (from 1855 onwards).

Was he already married then? If so, where is Mary?  ??? I am searching this on Ancestry so there is no other information.

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 01 November 09 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Scottish birth certificates list date and place of parents' marriage so next step would probably be to get one of the birth certificates and see what's listed there.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!