Author Topic: Trinidad Huggins Family  (Read 9950 times)

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad Huggins Family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 07:48 BST (UK) »
May I ask where you found Trinidad parish records? 

Offline SMJW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi There, I was in Trinidad in 2012 and twice in 2015 and went to the Trinity Anglican Cathedral, the Immaculate Conception RC Cathedral, All Saints Anglican in Newtown Port of Spain, St Michael and All Angels in Diego Martin, an Anglican church in Carenage (sorry far from my notes and forget the name). Otherwise nothing is online  :(
Watkins Suffolk England to Trinidad; Steele Grenada to Trinidad W.I.; Ottley Nevis to Trinidad W.I.; Huggins Trinidad & St. Vincent W.I. 1881-Present

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 June 16 03:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you.

It is thought that some of my ancestors married in Port-of-Spain in the 1820s.  At least one of their children was born in Trinidad as she states Trinidad as her place of birth in the UK census.

I hadn't considered that there might still be parish records in Trinidad from back then.

Offline SMJW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 June 16 18:33 BST (UK) »
Huggins researchers have shared an extensive tree with me mainly St Vincent origin and some of those who emigrated to Trinidad. If you'd like to have a copy email me, smjwatkins@yahoo.com, Susan
Watkins Suffolk England to Trinidad; Steele Grenada to Trinidad W.I.; Ottley Nevis to Trinidad W.I.; Huggins Trinidad & St. Vincent W.I. 1881-Present

Offline sonyphill

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 04 October 18 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to trace the Huggins family of Rosa Ada Huggins B:1860 not sure where, died April 12, 1911 at  No:7 Victoria Avenue, Port of Spain, Trinidad, she married into the Boland family (Charles Lawrence Boland) and had a least 8 children, Charles, Frederick, Olga, Walter, Errol, Anna, Sybil, Ethel.  Apart from a picture I have not been able to find anything further on her or her Huggins family, would love to uncover her story so any help is appreciated.  One more thing I believe from a marriage record of one of her daughters, the family was Anglican.