Author Topic: Harbison/Herbison  (Read 4345 times)

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harbison/Herbison
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 January 20 02:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello:  I have Matthew Herbison born approximately 1798 and died in 1875. His wife Mary born 1802 and died 1882, William Harbison present at her death.  So Jane Kenny could possibly be their daughter born approx. 1820 ish??  The other possibility is that Jane Kenny was first married to a Herbison (note the stepchildren in the Kenny family named Herbison) and SHE was a Paul by birth.

Need some more clues.  More on the Pauls in a PM.

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 January 20 12:33 GMT (UK) »
ERROR on dates for Mary Harbison- Born 1792 and died 1874. Her husband Matthew died in 1875 and in his Will it noted that he was a "Widower".

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 January 20 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Her husband Matthew died in 1875 and in his Will it noted that he was a "Widower".

Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Matthew Harbison late of Laymore County Antrim Farmer deceased who died 1 October 1875 at same place a Widower were granted at Belfast to James Harbison of Laymore Farmer the Son of said deceased.
Date of Grant :   29 May 1876     Effects under £300

https://apps.proni.gov.uk/WillsCalendar_IE/willsSearchResultsDetails.aspx

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 January 20 14:00 GMT (UK) »
There was a Matthew Harbison (Herbison) in Leymore townland near Ballymena who was married to Mary Paul.

Leymore townland north-west of Ballymena
https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/toome-lower/ahoghill/leymore/

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline sgen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 11:31 BST (UK) »
Matthew Harbison and Mary Paul, were my Gr Gr Gr grandparents. Their son John married Jenny Strange from Greenhill, Glenwherry.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 12:15 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Their son John married Jenny Strange from Greenhill, Glenwherry.

Party 1 Name   JOHN HARBISON
Party 2 Name   JENNEY STRANGE
Date of Event   13 November 1861
SR District/Reg Area   Ballymena

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1861/09603/5482196.pdf

https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/antrim-lower/glenwhirry/greenhill/

KG

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 13:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you for posting, sgen.  I am very interested in Mary Paul and was wondering if you know who her parents or brothers/sisters were?  She was age 82 (born c. 1792) as given on her death registration on March 13, 1874.  Her daughter Margaret Reid attending at death. Place of death- Laymore, Kirconriola, Ballymena. Cause of death- Infirmity.

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 03 May 24 21:39 BST (UK) »
I am interested in Margaret (Jane) Harbison who fits with the age of the step daughter mentioned in the 1851 census. Her birth date is approx 1831, she married James Moore and lived in Belfast. The 1901 census finds her as Head of Household Stranocum with adult children named Moore. Her daughter (Rebecca) married a Montgomery if the family tree that I got that info from is correct.
I am actually chasing Moores but Harbisons are married into my McCurry lines. Step children are often difficult to identify so I thought to add this to the mix.

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 03 May 24 23:51 BST (UK) »
The Margaret Herbison born c. 1830 and daughter of Matthew Herbison and Mary Paul married John REID on 25 June 1859 in 3rd Ballymena Presbyterian church, Ballymena. She died 9 July 1911 in Leymore townland.