Author Topic: Ann Mary Stanton  (Read 9055 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Mary Stanton
« Reply #18 on: Friday 06 November 09 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Think that has sorted it Liz, looks as though Jane was theirs after all.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 09 November 09 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Quite possible - but would need a cert or Christening record to prove one way or other.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 09 November 09 15:57 GMT (UK) »
If the Christening records are available at Cambridge RO that would seem to be the cheaper route.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 09 November 09 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Depends - cert is £7.
I see you are on the south coast, so trip to Cambridge may cost more - but then you could look them all up in one go, and probably lots and lots of other stuff too about your Wisbech ancestors!  I'd go for the day out - have a nose round Wisbach too, see if Barton House is still there etc etc!
But that is just what I would do - it is up to you!

Someone with more local knowledge will confirm if Wisbech PR's are at Cambridge RO, or elsewhere.  Or you may be lucky and find someone on here who has bought the Wisbech PR's .... but that is boring compared with a day out! (and I dont know how many parishes there were in the Wisbech district, so it may be a big task to ask someone to do for you)
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 09 November 09 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Travel costs are not something I have to contend with, as I retain facilities from my railway employment. My father whose grandmother's maiden name was Stanton was brought up in Wisbech in the early 20th century after a family tragedy by his mother's sister also from the Stanton line. His aunt and uncle were George William Stimpson and Elizabeth Burton. George was the village carrier, and local slaughterer at Gorefield nr. Wisbech. My father attended Wisbech grammar school from 1909-1911 when he left to go into farm service, later putting his age up to volunteer for service with the Cambridgeshire regiment in 1915 "because he was bored"