Author Topic: BYRNE FAMILY  (Read 1988 times)

Offline penderiki

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BYRNE FAMILY
« on: Thursday 05 November 09 19:49 GMT (UK) »
HI....I am trying to find some information on the family of Byrnes who were born in Wexford but later ended up in Wicklow.
James Byrne (c. 1850-?) and brother John (c. 1843-1920) both state on their census returns that they were born in County Wexford.
I don't know where they were born only that they crossed the border into Wicklow where and lived in the Ballinglen/Ballybeg area near Tinahely.
I dont know if they moved across the border as childen with their parents or later as adult men.
Additional information is that James married a Mary (dont know her family name) and John married an Ellen Byrne.
At this point I dont know whether these marriages took place in Wexford or Wicklow.
They had a sister Elizabeth who married a Richard Stephenson who was a soldier.

Any information would be great so hopefully someone recognises these people

Thanks

Tom.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: BYRNE FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 November 09 19:56 GMT (UK) »
similar thread about the same people here : http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,417266.msg2830836.html

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BYRNE FAMILY
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 November 09 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Moderator's Comment: To avoid needless duplication please post all replies to the other thread-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,417266.msg2830836.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!