Author Topic: The Stanbrooks of Longparish  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Stanbrooks of Longparish
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat.

Robert's father would appear to have been Stephen Stanbrook according to the marriage record.  On the 1851 census, there is a Robert Stanbrook b Longparish with a wife Louisa in Bloomsbury.  Age is correct.

A Robert Stanbrook was baptised in Longparish 11 Jan 1824, parents Stephen & Mary.

Nell

All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lymken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 06:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this info. As I live in Australia, I have been inactive in my research. We are visiting England next month and wonder if it is worth while to visit Long parish and the church records and tombstones? We shall be mainly in the north but happy to make a visit south. Please advise if I shall get much info on site.
Regards, Lym

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 20:49 BST (UK) »
The original parish records are now kept at Hampshire record Office in Winchester.  I have no idea if the current incumbent at Longparish has copies of the records and/or if they available to view on request - in which case enquire with him/her if you need to make an appointment.

Hopefully any gravestones are still in place in the churchyard, but again, time can sometimes defeat you - or lack of a headstone altogether.  Not everyone could afford them  :-\

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk