Author Topic: Masterson Family, Monart civil parish area, Wexford?  (Read 14268 times)

Offline ajmasterson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Masterson Family, Monart civil parish area, Wexford?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 05 December 22 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Dear All,

I read with interest how the Masterson have spread out over the world. I am currently researching another line of the Masterson who were transplanted during the Cromwellian confiscations, initially to Mayo (barony of Costello), then to the Barony of Clare in Galway. This was Edward Masterson, heir to Sir Richard of Ferns. Edwards son, Robert, from whom our family claim descent, was granted land in Roscommon and it is possible that we descend from one of his sons who may have moved to Westmeath. I have all of the early pedigrees researched and drawn out, of the different lines of Mastersons up to the early 1800 (including the 1641 depositions as Edward was in the Catholic Confederates, and all details of both the Cromwellian and Jacobite confiscations). Happy to share these to anyone interested.

Thing is, although we are the only Masterson family in this part of North Westmeath, we are close to the boarder with Longford and Cavan, the traditional home of Celtic Mastersons. As Catholic records are sketchy in the late 1600-early 1700 (we can trace back to Hugh and Edmund who died in the 1750s) and am hoping for some help on a more scientific level.

Therefore, would anyone in this chat have completed either a MyHeritage or 23&Me DNA analysis?: If so, I would be very interested to link with you to see if we have cross over.

Additionally, would anyone who is Wexford based be willing to take a simple DNA analysis to see if we are (distantly) related? I would be very grateful for any help.

Kind regards, Allan J Blacoe-Masterson