Author Topic: Is anyone researching Connolly and McLoughlin/McLaughlin  (Read 1903 times)

Offline AcadianJoan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is anyone researching Connolly and McLoughlin/McLaughlin
« on: Sunday 08 November 09 23:59 GMT (UK) »
My ancestor is Arthur Connolly. He was born about 1811 somewhere in Ireland. He married Sarah McLoughlin/McLaughlin about 1834. I found the baptism records of 2 of their children at the Irish History Foundation. These children were baptised 1845 and 1850 both in Ballynatubbrit, Killyclogher, County Tyrone. The witnesses at these baptism were: Luke Connolly, William Morris and Mary Anderson.

Arthur and his wife Sarah and all of their children ended up in Ontario Canada by 1871. I found them on the 1871 Canada census. I have also found marriage records for most children, also in Canada, the earliest in 1859.

Is this familiar to anyone?
Bond, Pellerin, Meagher in Port Felix, Nova Scotia, Canada
Laforet in East Boston Ma, Williamsburg NY and Frankenthal Germany
Connolly, McLaughlin in Co. Tyrone Ireland and Ontario Canada

Offline AcadianJoan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone researching Connolly and McLoughlin/McLaughlin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 November 09 12:34 GMT (UK) »
I am researching Sarah McLoughlin/McLaughlin. She was born about 1811 somewhere in Ireland. She married Arthur Connolly about 1834.

I found the baptismal records of two of their children on the Irish History Foundation site. These baptisms took place in 1845 and 1850 in Ballynatubbrit, Killyclogher. The witnesses at these baptisms were: Luke Connolly, Mary Anderson and William Morris.

Sarah and Arthur ended up in Ontario Canada. The first time I find them in Canada is on the 1871 census. They had 5 proven children and at least one more possible child. I have found marriage records for 4 of their children in Canada and the US beginning in 1859.

Is this familiar to anyone?

Moderator's Comment: 2 posts looking for information on this couple merged to avoid duplication
Bond, Pellerin, Meagher in Port Felix, Nova Scotia, Canada
Laforet in East Boston Ma, Williamsburg NY and Frankenthal Germany
Connolly, McLaughlin in Co. Tyrone Ireland and Ontario Canada