Author Topic: 1939 Registration  (Read 63221 times)

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 Registration
« Reply #54 on: Friday 11 December 09 19:43 GMT (UK) »
The NHS are working on a solution at present.

In the mean time here is an idea of what one might expect at present.
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~framland/census/1939NatReg.htm

I hope digital copies will be supplied at a later date.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 11 December 09 20:33 GMT (UK) »
That's fantastic Guy.  Thanks for sharing  :)
Paternal: Staffordshire, Shropshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Durham, Wales, Arrondissements Oudenaarde and Gent, Belgium, -  - Maternal: Cheshire, Lancashire, Ireland

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 11 December 09 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Guy posted a link to a blank page of the registration document a page ago I think?   here's the link
http://tinyurl.com/yge5wbd

Newbie - I can't access tinyurls from my laptop for some reason.  I don't know what is blocking it.  However, I looked at the link Guy posted at 19.43.08 tonight and that looks quite promising, but I had hoped it might give place of birth as well as age.

Lizzie

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 13 December 09 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Guy.  I just clicked once on the full url, and the appropriate web page opened.

I'm pleased to see that full date of birth is asked for, that will help narrow down a little my uncle's birth, hopefully the Christian name I knew him by was his correct name.  (As I said earlier, he was a married man when he and my aunt set up home together, using one of her family names).  When a little girl, I used to stay with my aunt and uncle and I really loved him and would like to find out more about him.

Lizzie

Offline robbo43

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kathie 1932 - 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 13 December 09 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Just checked my registration card, I assume the forms will have the same information.  It was issued in 1943, 17 days after my birth, it records a move to relatives in September 1944 (as does my mothers), another change of address when we returned home in December 1944 and a change of address when we moved house in 1948.  They may have recorded changes of address until the early 1950s

Robert
FLOOD - Exeter, Middlesex.  DAVEY - Norfolk, Herts, West Ham.  MILLS - Hampshire.  GARLAND - Sussex.  BRIGHT - Hampshire, GULLIVER - Hampshire, Sussex, London.  NOCKELS - Norfolk.  POMEROY - Exeter.  RANDALL - Sussex, Surrey.  REYNOLDS - Cambridgeshire.  BOWYER - Cambridgeshire & Suffolk.  STUPPELL - Kent.  MISSEN - Cambridgeshire.  TAYLOR - Cambridgeshire.  TOWNSEND - London.  CURTIN - London, GIBBONS - Suffolk, BROWN - Suffolk, SWALE(S) - Yorkshire, GAIN - Sussex

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 14 December 09 15:24 GMT (UK) »
I would guess Robbo that changes in address were recorded while rationing of food and clothing were in force.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 14 December 09 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Robert,

Would you mind revealing the format of the number on that card.  Is it:

Up to five letters
Up to four digits
A decimal point
The number that you are in the family where father was .1 mother .2 and then the children in order.

What I would really like to know is whether children born after their parents had moved retained their parents reference or became part of a seperate reference.

I know that by about 1960 new NHS reference numbers seem to be GP dependent.

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Monday 14 December 09 15:48 GMT (UK) »
I've got my identity card, which I found whilst clearing my mother's things after her death, also hers and my brother's.

As we didn't move anywhere, it just shows our address at the time the cards were issued, and as I lived there until I was 12+, there were no changes on the form.

Lizzie