Author Topic: 1939 Registration  (Read 63224 times)

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 Registration
« Reply #108 on: Monday 18 January 10 18:12 GMT (UK) »
I have had a positive reply to my email and I should be getting some info via email within 20 days.  No cost unless over £450.

enquiries[at]ic.nhs.uk

Thanks Guy  :)

Moderator Comment: e-mail edited, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please replace [at] with @
Paternal: Staffordshire, Shropshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Durham, Wales, Arrondissements Oudenaarde and Gent, Belgium, -  - Maternal: Cheshire, Lancashire, Ireland

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Monday 18 January 10 18:58 GMT (UK) »
I can't see a moderator for this forum so will post my comments here.

I have had a positive reply to my email and I should be getting some info via email within 20 days.  No cost unless over £450.

enquiries[at]ic.nhs.uk

Thanks Guy  :)

Moderator Comment: e-mail edited, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please replace [at] with @

Again we have a moderator interfering with a perfectly acceptable posting.

The contact address enquiries@ic.nhs.uk is already displayed on the NHS IC website. To insist on replacing the @ with [at] on Rootschat is in my opinion does nothing but bring Rootchat into disrepute.

I would also point out spammers have softawre that automatically changes at (at) "at" [at] and many other combinations into at.

Please use a little common sense when censoring posts.
Cheers
Guy

Moderator comment: them's the rules, please abide by them - abuse of this rule means that spam is produced which can be identified to the Rootschat website and we get the blame - or so I'm told.  The rules are there for a reason and they cause no problems, since they are explained when the modification takes place.  Thanks for your future cooperation.
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline chrispaton

• RootsChat Member
  • Innocence before the war
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Monday 18 January 10 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Cheers Guy - have just lodged an application for an address in St Albans - fingers crossed!

Chris
Genealogy - www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk www.BritishGENES.blogspot.co.uk (British Genealogy News and EventS) * Ruhleben internment camp - http://ruhleben.tripod.com

Offline chrispaton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Monday 18 January 10 19:21 GMT (UK) »
Genealogy - www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk www.BritishGENES.blogspot.co.uk (British Genealogy News and EventS) * Ruhleben internment camp - http://ruhleben.tripod.com

Online coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Monday 18 January 10 21:51 GMT (UK) »
I have already applied for the 1939 registration of my 2xgreat grandparents William and Kate Coombs in London. I applied about 6 or 7 days ago.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline chrispaton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 11:44 GMT (UK) »
I would advise everyone to get their requests in now while it is still free.

When there is a system in place there will be a charge.
Cheers
Guy

Good shout Guy - I made an application yesterday for an address in St Albans, and got the same e-mail this morning from the NHSIC - very clear and concise!

Chris

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 12:38 GMT (UK) »
I want to apply for details of an aunt and uncle.  I know the name of the road they lived in and the city, but not the number of the house.  Will I get a response if I quote their surname and the address as I remember it, or do I need to provide more info?  I do have the date of birth of my aunt, but it is my uncle I'm really interested in.

Lizzie

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone remember which side of London Road Boston was odd numbers? Was it the one with the Co-op later Borrill's bakery and Kitchen's seed merchants etc.? Need the number to make an application for my parents at the flat above the Co-op as it was in 1939. Thanks.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Usually houses on existing roads are numbered away from the main road or the centre of town with odd numbers on the left.  On new roads it will be from the end where building started which usually has the same effect.

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk