Author Topic: 1939 Registration  (Read 63200 times)

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 Registration
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday 09 February 10 09:56 GMT (UK) »
I didn't include any names as I thought giving the address was enough and they would just give me ALL the people who were living there that are now deceased.

I don't understand 'we are unable to locate the requested data based upon the information provided' surely they search for the address and the folk should be listed there???

Anyway I'm not hopeful but I've sent another email outlining my grievance!
Paternal: Staffordshire, Shropshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Durham, Wales, Arrondissements Oudenaarde and Gent, Belgium, -  - Maternal: Cheshire, Lancashire, Ireland

Offline Selina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday 09 February 10 10:04 GMT (UK) »
I don't understand 'we are unable to locate the requested data based upon the information provided' surely they search for the address and the folk should be listed there???

That is exactly the reply I got Parmesan, strange that they could not help with two of yours and the third was unhelpful!

Selina
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday 09 February 10 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Oh no, I get the feeling they will tell me my aunt lived at the address and not find any info on her "husband".

Lizzie

Offline Selina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday 09 February 10 10:12 GMT (UK) »
On the other hand Lizzie you may get good stuff and make us envious!

Hope you do anyway.

Selina

Offline chrispaton

• RootsChat Member
  • Innocence before the war
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday 09 February 10 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Happy bunny - my request for a list of those at an address in St Albans has just arrived, with six people listed, two of whom I haven't come across before, but who I suspect were boarders. Big thanks to Guy for the timely tip!

A Scottish request now resolved, an English request now resolved - just my Northern Irish request still to be sorted!  :)

Chris
Genealogy - www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk www.BritishGENES.blogspot.co.uk (British Genealogy News and EventS) * Ruhleben internment camp - http://ruhleben.tripod.com

Offline Selina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday 09 February 10 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Well that's a bit of better news.

Yes what a good turn Guy did us just a pity they managed to get organised and start charging quite so quickly!

Selina

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday 09 February 10 10:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Given that the registration took place a few weeks after the war started its likely that reservists would have been called up and therefore would not have been registered at their home address, also evacuations of children had commenced so where would they have been registered? No doubt many adults also 'evacuated' either to a safer place or because others had left the family home.

Andy

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Well I got my reply today and good news, despite me giving the wrong address - I said Dulverton Avenue, Coventry and it turns out my aunt and uncle lived at Birchfield Road, Coventry - I now have the National Registration Number (don't know if that is any use to me) and the date of birth of my uncle which is what I wanted.  The info also included their occupations, interestingly my aunt's is shown as "Unpaid Domestic Duties".

Now all I have to do is find someone with the same Christian name as my uncle and the same date of birth  ???  I know that the surname they used was not his, but was one of my aunt's given names and was the maiden name of her mother.

Lizzie

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 13:36 GMT (UK) »
great Lizzie, glad you got a positive result.

I'm still one address outstanding that I sent for in a separate email - I won't hold my breath!
Paternal: Staffordshire, Shropshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Durham, Wales, Arrondissements Oudenaarde and Gent, Belgium, -  - Maternal: Cheshire, Lancashire, Ireland