Author Topic: The Pines, Pantasaph  (Read 6429 times)

Offline chrisLD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Pines, Pantasaph
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 July 19 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris, I realise this post is from a long time ago, but I'm hoping you are still on here ???. I'm just finalizing the purchase of "The Pines" in Pantasaph  :o and was wondering if you had any old pictures of it as I will be renovating/restoring it and need some inspiration, and also I would like to find out its history. Here's hoping regards, Chris.

Offline chris2cv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 July 19 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,
Yep still here and still plugging away.
Great news that you are looking to renovate/restore.
Somewhere I have a couple of outside photos that may help.
Being an old crumbly technophobe can you suggest the best way for me to send the photos? On the forum or to a person address?
Best Regards, Chris Martin
Martin - derrynascobe, carrickmacross, middlesbrough, USA, Canada & New Zealand
Reynolds, Kenilworth
Housiaux, Gent, coventry
Kask, Uk USA
Keeling, Belfast, Canada, UK
Street, Nottingham

Offline chrisLD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 July 19 15:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris, Great news :D :D I'm not much tech minded either, I've only just signed up here, so not sure how sending pictures works. I've tried the private message as I think thats the easiest way.

Offline chris2cv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 28 July 19 16:17 BST (UK) »
Photos sent to your email address
Regards
Chris Martin
Reynolds, Kenilworth
Housiaux, Gent, coventry
Kask, Uk USA
Street, Nottingham

Offline chrisLD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 29 July 19 07:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris, Wow wow wow, I can't thank you enough. I will be studying these for quite some time. I really appreciate the effort you went to find these. It looks like a lot is still original!!! I'll send some pictures back once we have the keys in around 5 weeks. Did you ever get any more information on your family when they were at the pines. Apparently (and this has only been found out after we purchased the house) my grandfather was best friends with one of the gentlemen there. As yet we are not sure on the gentlemans name but he had three sons and a daughter. My grandfather was the God Father of his daughter. Unfortunately my grandfather has passed away, but I can ask around and get some more information on your family whilst they were there for you? Best regards, Chris.

Offline chris2cv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 29 July 19 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris, I had no luck obtaining further family info. I have no elder family members to refer to.
The family photo is interesting as there are 3 generations of the family present.
George William with his wife Celia, son Francis George with wife Margaret, their children Veronica, Patricia and my father, Bernard. Bernard was born 1924, hence why I put this photo late 20s early 30s.
Reynolds, Kenilworth
Housiaux, Gent, coventry
Kask, Uk USA
Street, Nottingham

Offline chrisLD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 29 July 19 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris, oooh my grandfather Len Davies was born 1925 (sadly passed away 2001) so there is a good chance that your father Bernard may be the gentleman that he was good friends with and I was talking about. Did he have three sons and a daughter? I was told one of the three sons was a roofer and he put a new roof on the Pines in the 80s ish. My grandfather had the local garage "Park View Garage".  My Dad, Peter Davies went to school with the daughter. I will interrogate/ask ;D him further and see what we can dig up. My grandfather was well known throughout the area and there are many people with stories of him so there will be plenty of people I can ask about his childhood and may connect with your family.
Regards Chris.

Offline chris2cv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 29 July 19 13:03 BST (UK) »
Afraid it doesn't seem to fit. Although the family are photographed at the pines and that cecilia lived there for a while and that my father was sent there to recover from TB, the family was based around Middlesbrough and Coventry. I can't find any census records for them at Pantasaph, but am still looking. Finally, my father married a first time with no issue and the second time 1 son (me) and 2 daughters
Reynolds, Kenilworth
Housiaux, Gent, coventry
Kask, Uk USA
Street, Nottingham

Offline chrisLD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 29 July 19 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris, Oh well shame, I suppose that would be too easy. Anyway I am very keen to obtain as much about the pines' history as possible. In time this may provide some information regarding your family. If so I will contact you on here. Again thank you so much for the effort and sending the pictures, it really is much apprecited. Best regards, Chris D.