Author Topic: William Houston born circa 1871  (Read 1476 times)

Offline saintconor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Houston born circa 1871
« on: Thursday 12 November 09 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to track down the birth record of an ancestor of mine. His name was William Houston and he was born in Newtownstewart , County Tyrone around 1871 (Aged 40 in 1911 census). I have no idea as to the names of his parents. He is the first relative of mine to be born in Tyrone so I'm not exactly where to look.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Conor

Offline akanex2

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: William Houston born circa 1871
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 November 09 22:39 GMT (UK) »
The index to Irish birth certificates for this period is online and seachable at

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347

It give one William Houston born in Strabane Registration district (which covers Newtownstewart) in 1871 and this is the reference for ordering a birth certificate from GRONI (or GROI)

William Houston Birth Strabane 1871 Vol 7 pg 395

If you are not certain of the birth year or location though, please note that another 11 William Houstons were registered in Co Tyrone within 6 years of 1871 and 4 of those where in Strabane district.

For ordering certs see this post http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,383526.0.html

Offline George E. H. Haydock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Houston born circa 1871
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 July 23 02:30 BST (UK) »
hi,my name is George Earle Houston Haydock.  my mother  Olive Houston.
My grand father was Albert Houston his wife was Martha Earle. He
 served in the second world war i have no dates, but they lived in Belfast Northern Ireland,hope thhis helps