Author Topic: Frederick & Lillian Bland  (Read 3233 times)

Offline amanda jane

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frederick & Lillian Bland
« on: Friday 13 November 09 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello To All... I am trying to find out where i come from... My great grandfather and grandmother were Frederick and Lillian Bland and they lived in the Attleborough Area of Norfolk or so i think as my nanny , there daughter ( a twin) lived there for as long as the day i was born 43 yrs ago...I belive them to be of Romany decent from all indication so far...I am the 7th to be born direct from Frederick and whether this has anything in the fact that my gifts have been awoken by a dream sent by nanny... have been a healer for almost 7 years now and have always had an 'intuitive' sense...but since the birth of my grandson may 1st this year things are really quickening up in a sense... the reason im sending this message out is because i have no one this side to guide me or show me who i am to become... i believe that my grandson is of the light also and so i would love to be able guide him in years to come...as i feel this such an important aspect of whom we are and should not be lost... many thousands of wishes, Amanda Jane

Offline RomanyRoser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick & Lillian Bland
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 November 09 02:52 GMT (UK) »
From Roser.

Matthew Bland b 1818 Downton Wiltshire -died 1887 Hampshire
married Naomi Jeff b 1804 Wiltshire -died 1896 Christchurch Dorset
They had a son : Walter Jeff b 1844 Lymnigton Hampshire married Elizabeth Ayres b 1840 Hampshire (When she died in 1932 she was registered as Bland being her Husband's father's surname)

BLAND  (Ref Journal of the Romany and Traveller Family History Society)
Bland Ann
BLAND Eliza 1837 30 Apr Matthew & Naomi (Traveller)  (Baptisms)Long SUTTON Hampshire (Gypsies  Passing Through)
Bland John

Offline Ezekial

• RootsChat Senior
  • Sunset over Toddington
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick & Lillian Bland
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 November 09 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi
 You will find the Jeffs on the 1891 census living in tents on Redhill Common in Hampshire, besides Walter & Eliza there are six children, Jane, Job, John, Amelane, Edith & St Clement.
 Walter died aged 82yrs and Eliza died aged 81yrs, they are both buried in the parish of Longfleet in Dorset.
 On Walter & Eliza's marriage certificate Walter's surname is JEFFS and his father is also on there as Matthew JEFFS, they married in the parish of Moordown on the 21st March 1887.
 Edith Louisa Jeff married  William Henry James, she was born in 1868 and she died in the Nevi Wesh in 1968.
 St Clement Jeff was also known as Andrew Ayres, he married Minnie Smith in Toddington, Bedfordshire on the 6th March 1911, they had three daughters, Doris Louisa Ayres, Patience Maud Ayres & Ivy Ayres, Andrew died on the 19th June 1919 of TB.
 I hope this info is of some help to you. :) :)

Kind Regards
Family Romany Names Of Special Interest;
Bedfordshire LOVERIDGES & PARKERS
Cambridgeshire SMITHS
Hampshire AYRES & JEFFS

Also researching;
MEADS from Luton, Bedfordshire,
RADWELLS from Buckinghamshire,
HUCKLESBY'S from Toddington Bedfordshire