Author Topic: kirby  (Read 937 times)

Offline rawlinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
kirby
« on: Sunday 15 November 09 15:12 GMT (UK) »
hi all, anyone got any info on ELLEN KIRBY .liverpool .all i have is that she married my gg grandfather JAMES ORRELL 1878 west derby,she was born june quarter 1854 ,i have just noticed this afternoon that on the same page
 8b 114 there is also a HANNAH BRITON KIRBY june quarter 1854,could these  be twins,ive looked on the 1861 census and found ELLEN KIRBY age 7 but couldnt find HANNAH BRITON KIRBY.

thanks........dave

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: kirby
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 November 09 15:45 GMT (UK) »
What sort of information is it you are looking for?

To further your research you will need her father's name which can be obtained from the marriage certificate.

http://www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk has details of the marriage which took place in Saints Peter & Paul Church, Crosby, so either you can do a look up at the registers in Crosby Library, or the cheapest means of obtaining the certificate is to order on the site I have given.

With both Ellen and Hannah Briton having the same Volume and Page Numbers, it's quite likely that they would be twins, however, the only way to be absolutely certain is by means of the birth certificates which should give the parents names the same and in the case of twins should also give the time of birth as well as the date.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline rawlinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 November 09 15:55 GMT (UK) »
thanks  MARYA , i was hoping someone would look on the 1861 census.i done a free search on 1861 lancashire and only found 1 ELLEN KIRBY born about 1854 aged 7 .  to get more info you have to pay,are the 1861 census on disc,if so would someone do a search for me....thanks....dave.

Offline rawlinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 November 09 15:57 GMT (UK) »
by the way marya,i noticed that you have st chads church on your picture.are you from kirkby as i am....dave

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 November 09 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Yes I am.

I have no problem doing an 1861 look up for you but there are three Ellen Kirbys in Lancashire.  How do you know which of them is yours?

I suspect you already have the details from the 1881 census but we don't and can't confirm that any Ellen I guess at will be the correct one.

Based on the marriage being in Crosby, I suspect this might be the 1861 census but as advised above, you need the father's name and occupation, as well as Ellen's age on the marriage certificate.

Formby, Merseyside
William Kirby Head M 49 Railway Lab Formby Lancashire
Ellen wife M 46 Altcar "
William son Unm 21 Ag Lab Formby "
John " " 16 " " "
Ann daur 14    " "
Thomas son 12 Scholar " "
Richard son 10 " " "
Ellen daur 6 " " "
James son 3 " "
Mary granddaur 4 " "
RG9; Piece:  2759; Folio:  38; Page:  20
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline rawlinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 November 09 16:28 GMT (UK) »
 FANTASTIC thanks again MARYA.....DAVE.