Author Topic: LIVERPOOL LOOK UPS  (Read 32692 times)

Offline ange

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re:LIVERPOOL LOOK UPS
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 May 04 15:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Florida girl,
Could you possibly look up a couple of marriages for me?
I'm looking for the marriages of Maria McKittrick to George Maddocks in the mar quarter of 1882 at Holy Trinity, Toxteth Park. And the marriage of her sister Jessie McKittrick to Henry Maddocks in the dec quarter of 1889 at All Saints, Toxteth Park. If you can get printouts I'm willing to reimburse you.
Thanks in advance
Ange ;D
researching: Evans, Smith, Soundie, Brookfield, Frost, Douglas, Heron, Weaver,Redmond, Blackford, Furmedge & McKittrick

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dubbleu_b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 28 May 04 01:07 BST (UK) »
Any chance you have access to the 1851 Census in Liverpool?  I am looking for David SPRATT and have the following info from an index:

vol. 24 Rodney Street Ward (part)
SPRATT David  p9A

I am particularly interested in anyone else that may be enumerated with him.  I have no information on his parents and would like to find anything to get me beyond this roadblock!

Thanks!
Wendy
SPRATT, BUCKLEY, LEES, HENTHORN, WHITTLE, YATES: Lancashire
SPENCER, LIVINGSTONE, FRAZER, WARNOCK, REID: Glasgow/Renfrew
RYAN, FLANNERY: Ireland

Offline odessa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 28 May 04 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I went to the library today and checked the Daily Post for the date you gave but found no obituaries. I enquired as to which newspaper would be best to look in and was told that the Liverpool Echo only started after 1862 and neither the Echo or the Daily Post carried many obituaries, it was only for really well known people.
I tried to look in the "WORTHIES"  (people of note) but the records for that didn't start till around 1870.
I did have a look through the WILLS and found George Deakins will listed.
Do you have a copy of this? I wrote down the details in case you haven't.
He was very well-off wasn't he?

There is another source I can try, but it's held in the Archive room, you have to order the records you need and they bring them out to you about every half hour and I didn't have time to do this today, but I'll try next time I go.

If you have a marriage date for George and Ann Deakin I could look for any children they had.

Sorry about the obits, but if you want the details of the Will, let me know.

Regards
Viv. :) :) :)

Hi Viv,
Many thanks for going through the papers for me.........I told you he was elusive didn't I? ;)
I do have the will thanks, as soon as I had a date of death I applied for a search at York and was successful! I have been able to track his children through the census but am trying to establish links to his siblings as I believe they were all established Salt Proprietors shipping through the port of Liverpool, but George Deakin was the only one who moved to Liverpool from Northwich, Cheshire(via Weston Point). I have one confirmation on the will of a sibling connection but was hoping an obit may have had a list of male mourners which in the past has proved a very useful source.
Thanks again for all your endeavours on my behalf.
Odessa.  8)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline odessa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 29 May 04 19:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Odessa,
Have you got any details of the marriage of George Deakins parents? Also the dob of George. I could look to see if there were any other Deakins born around the same period.

It might also be worth me having a look through another couple of days in the paper for the next few days in June (I think I looked through till the 2nd) If he did have family still over in Runcorn it may have taken a bit longer to put anything in the paper.

It might take me a few visits but I think it's worth a try.

Let me know what you think anyway.

I've still got the other things to look at in the Archive room as well, something might turn up there.

Hi Viv,
George Deakins probable siblings were Thomas, James, John, William & Fanny. George Deakins business interests were in mid-Cheshire(salt interests in Wharton & Over and a Boatyard on the R.Weaver) All the probable siblings had salt interests in mid-Cheshire and all shipped along the R.Weaver through Liverpool. George being the most successful...........I get the feeling he ran the business out of Liverpool and had managers in at mid-Cheshire.
All the other siblings remained domiciled in mid-Cheshire and after the death of George, his 2 sons and widow also moved here for a period.
I know his youngest son George Henry Deakin was buried at Southdown-Lane Cemetery, Liverpool.[*possibly Smithdown Lane Cemetery, also known as Toxteth Park Cemetery- doubt arises from Newspaper report and my hopeless knowledge of Liverpool]

The George Deakin who is sibling to the above was born 30 NOV 1809 at Witton (you would probably know this these days as Northwich) to James & Fanny Deakin
A marriage of a George Deakin to Ann Rhodes 03 Apr 1839 at Runcorn cites father as James Deakin, so are these one and the same? Apart from  a shared occupation and the mention of a younger brother William of Witton St in his will and census p.o.b as Witton.......that's all the evidence I have to link George to James & Fanny and the other children. Pretty conclusive I grant you, but I would have preferred a  direct reference to a relative or sibling which is what I was hoping for from an obit.
Don't spend too much of your time on George......    I'm more than grateful for your efforts so far, it's just as important knowing where he isn't  

Odessa.

Offline dubbleu_b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 29 May 04 23:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks Viv! I really appreciate that you can do this.  I'm hoping to find some clue that will lead me to more Spratts.   This family started out in Liverpool and ended up in Preston,  but I've yet to discover much more about them.

Wendy :)
SPRATT, BUCKLEY, LEES, HENTHORN, WHITTLE, YATES: Lancashire
SPENCER, LIVINGSTONE, FRAZER, WARNOCK, REID: Glasgow/Renfrew
RYAN, FLANNERY: Ireland

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 30 May 04 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi FloridaGirl
thankyou for your reply about getting the certificate sorry i havent been in contact in the last few days only just got your other message as ive been out alot this week so only just managed to check the lists.

My Email Address is

@hotmail.com or @msn.com

Any of them will do

Moderator comment: PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES ON WEBSITES - YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE 'SPAM EMAILS' FROM INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES WHO SEARCH WEB PAGES - INSTEAD PLEASE NOTIFY EMAIL ADDRESSES BY PRIVATE MESSAGE

Fifer :)
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 30 May 04 14:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Florida Girl
When you have time could you also lookup the Birth of a William Fishwick Hatton Born 1867 Woodchurch Wirral
Havent been able to figure out who he belongs to yet i know he is one of mine just by the middle name.

Hope this isnt asking to much with you already doing searches for me

Fifer :-\
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Offline odessa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 30 May 04 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Viv,
Thanks again and if you need a mid-Cheshire resource then maybe I'll see you in the Cheshire forum. ;)
Odessa.

Hi Odessa,
The info you have is pretty conclusive I would say, but I'll keep what you sent me on file anyway.............
Regards.
Viv.

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 31 May 04 08:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Viv

Thankyou for the certificate its great of you to do this let me know what it cost to get it and i will send it to you.
Also say thankyou to your son for me the copy was great i was able to make everything out on it even though it wasreally dark.

Thanks again

Angela(Fifer) :)