Author Topic: Joseph Stewart McFadden  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Sandel1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Stewart McFadden
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 December 23 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Aghadowey.  So I have established that these McFadden ladies were Mary, mother to James whose father was Colvin, and her sister Jane who was Joseph's mother.  Census states they were born in Co Antrim, so that matches the family in Stranocum in 1901.  My ancestor was Andrew McFadden probably Andrew who died at Dervock in 1882.  His son John married Rose Ann Wilson, and daughter Jane married William Mebin in the 1850s, both married Loughguile Parish.  John's daughter Mary Ann was my great great grandmother and married William Alexander aka McCaldridge.  Nancy Jane McFadden of Drumtullagh had a daughter Jane with William McAldridge who was aka as William Alexander named as father some years before he and Mary Ann McFadden married, in 1874, but there is some doubt if the registrar got the surname wrong and the father was William McCambridge whom she later married.  We have good DNA matching with this Jane's descendants, could be just from her if she Nancy Jane and Mary Ann were cousins of a degree, or from both if my ancestor William was this Jane's father.  So with so many Jane McFaddens in a small geographical area I am wondering if the McFaddens who crossed counties in the early 1900s are related to me too. Mary Ann also had a sister Eliza, but it is highly possible that not all her siblings were registered, and it is possible that John McFadden and his sister Jane Meban had siblings too who remain unknown to us.
McFadden, McCaldridge, M'Aldridge, Gordon, Robb, McDonald