Author Topic: WMM Completed Thank You  (Read 6921 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
WMM Completed Thank You
« on: Wednesday 18 November 09 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

Back with another MOORE. Surely can't have another that disappears into outer space !!!

William immigrated to USA 1906.  In 1920 he is a widow in Orr. Cascade. Montana. He died in Belt. Cascade 1975.

He married Aramine sometime between 1906 and 13 March 1911 when Mabel the first child of 4 was born.

I am hoping to find the marriage for William and a date of death for Aramine which I think is between the date of his WW1 draft (which I cannot read) and the 1920 census. The last child was born Nov 1918.

He was a farmer but may also have been a" Mayor" in  Cascade. Montana.
I have only seen him on the 1920 census - not yet found an immigration record.
The 4 children appear on a passenger list for the Canada from Portland. Oregon to Liverpool 28 April 1920.

Any help appreciated.

Thank You.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Murray MOORE
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 November 09 13:35 GMT (UK) »
In the 1910 Census in Wilson, Cascade Co., Montana, there is a hired man named William Moore, age 26, single, born England, immigrated in 1906, papers filed for naturalization, laborer on a general farm.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 November 09 13:41 GMT (UK) »
SS Baltic from Liverpool to New York, arriving 9 Mar. 1906
Moore, William Murray, age 22, male, single, farmer, last residence - Calderbridge, final destination - Montana, passage paid by self, in possession of $125, never in US before, going to join Mr. Lees, Sunnyside, Montana,

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 November 09 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Shelly. Found the census you refer to - that fits him nicely.

Will now try and find that passenger record - the detail you give re Calderbridge etc - is definately him.

I have seen a reference today of what might be another marriage to Janie Caulfield but have no other details.
His first wife must have died 1918/1919.

This is great. Many Thanks.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 19 November 09 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Shelly - found it.

The Mr Lees could be Leece - perhaps an uncle or cousin.  His Mothers maiden name was Leece.

Sandra

Offline merjones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 November 09 18:18 GMT (UK) »
1930 Belt, Cascade County, Montana

William M. Moore age 43 born abt 1887 England, age at first marriage looks like 46 ( I think they may have reversed the age and the marriage age here)...if he was born abt 1884 his age soould be 46 and according to his wife on this census they have been married 3 years. Immigration year 1906, occupation Cattle Farmer

Ella A. Moore age 34 born abt 1896 Nebraska, age at first marriage 31
Florence A. Moore, daughter age 2 1/2 born Montana

Davey ... Fowler ... Jones ... Morrow ...

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 November 09 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you merjones.  That is him.

Although William's WW1 draft names his wife as Aramine - I believe this could be Janie Caulfield & she died 1918/1919.

The daughter born 30 Nov 1918 was named Jeannie C Moore - the C could be Caulfield !!! -  if her mother died giving birth or shortly after - this child could be named similar to the mother.

Many Thanks

Sandra

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 20 November 09 20:52 GMT (UK) »
The name of the nearest relative on the WWI Draft Card looks like Jeannie Moore to me, not Aramine.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 20 November 09 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Good - that confirms that I am looking for a marriage of William Murray Moore to Jeannie or Janie Caulfield and the death of Jeannie/Janie Caulfield. Probably both in Cascade. Montana.

Meanwhile, I'll book the eye test !!!!

Many Thanks.
Sandra