Author Topic: WMM Completed Thank You  (Read 6922 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: William Murray MOORE
« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 November 09 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Hey Presto. Found the death 2 Dec 1918.

Brilliant.

Thank You.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline merjones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 November 09 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Found this record on the http://www.montanagenweb.com/1918-1919-deaths.html

Mrs. Jennie W. Moore died Dec 3, 1918 at Deaconess Hospital, buried at New Highland Cemetery, Home listed as "Orr"

Davey ... Fowler ... Jones ... Morrow ...

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 November 09 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks merjones - that gave me more information in the jig-saw.

I really have no idea if Janie/Jeannie Caulfield was born in Montana or not so I do not know if I can find anymore about her unless details of the marriage surface sometime.

William was in Wilson.  Montana in 1910 - so the marriage should be 1910 - 1911.  Mabel Loretta the first child was born 13 Sept 1911 according to a passport application issued 19 Nov 1919.

The second marriage to Ella A must have been 1927 - probably Belt. Cascade. Montana.

Many Thanks - again - all your time and effort is really appreciated.
Have a great day.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline merjones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 November 09 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Marriage records-March 20,1887-April 15, 1967 are at the Great Falls Genealogy Society library: www.greatfallsgenealogy.org  You can contact them via email and see if they will do a marriage lookup for you.

The 1920 Census you mention at the beginning of your post indicates that the children's mother was also born in Cumberland England.  I have searched for a Jannie, Jeannie, Jennie in Cascade County Montana for the year 1910 and found only 2 possibles.  Jennie Thomas (b) about 1887 England, living with brother William Thomas and other siblings in Great Falls, immigrated year 1892 and a Jean Blasmon? (hard to read last name) logding with a family in Great Falls. (Great Falls is only 10 miles from Wilson where William Moore is). 

Where did you see the CAULFIELD name? and did you see the picture of Mabel Loretta on her passport application and also the addendum letter typed by the cashier of the First National Bank of Great Falls as a character reference for William Moore and the explanation as to why he wants to send his children back to England to be raised by their grandparents?  It says his wife died during the flu (Influenza) epidemic of 1918.  It's so interesting to find these small bits of information and piece together someone's life so long ago. 

Good luck,

mer

Offline merjones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 21 November 09 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Wow!! all of the children had passport applications with photos.  In case you did not get the birth dates of all of the children, here they are:

Mabel Loretta Moore, Sep 13, 1911

Ruth Anna Moore, Feb 14, 1913

Luella Moore, Oct 18, 1914

Jeannie Moore, Nov 30, 1918

Offline merjones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 21 November 09 16:42 GMT (UK) »
In the 1920 Census for Great Falls, Montana, there is an Ella A. Fox born Nebraska 1898. She is a bookkeeper at a laundry, father born Nebraska, mother born Germany which coincides with the 1930 Census for William's second wife.  Also, this Ella A. Fox has a younger sister named Florence which is William and Ella's daughter's name.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 21 November 09 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Wow. Merjones you are a star  ;D ;D ;D   Brilliant.

I checked the BMD records for the UK & found no marriage for Caulfield - I think that night be an error on the 1920 census.

I was amazed to see the photographs and letter, I have never come across anything like that before.  The comments made in that letter could give credence to the possibility he was Mayor.  That reference came a year or so ago from Rootsweb but was written many years before.

I googled William Murray Moore and up popped a web site with Janie Caulfield's name on it which turned out to be the correct one.  Unfortunately,  I couldn't connect to the e-mail address it gave which is frustrating.

Your detective work on his second wife Ella was amazing - her father A G Fox was Adolph Gustav Foz born 1873 Nebraska.
It may be worth checking the passenger records again now to see if they came over to visit the children and take them back to America.
Grateful Thanks.
Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 23 November 09 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Would it be possible to try and learn anymore about Florence A Moore born about 1927 Belt. Cascade. Montana ?  ???

William stayed in Montana but I believe the children from the first marriage stayed in the UK & married.

I can find 1 passenger record of William & Ella to the UK in 1956 but feel sure there will be more.

Would there be any records to show if he stayed in farming - could well have had his own land  ???

Thank You
Sandra

Offline JM55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 13 June 10 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra

William Murray Moore was my gt uncle, being my grandfather's brother.  I have been researching the Moore family for some years.  I wondered if you are related to them in someway?

Sue