Author Topic: EADES - Bromsgrove  (Read 10322 times)

Offline AlfredLaugher

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: EADES - Bromsgrove
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 03 January 21 19:04 GMT (UK) »
This daughter, Jane. Was there any records of where she might have went?

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 04 January 21 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mike,

have you been able to go further back for Joseph Eades (who married Ann Williams) since this thread started (all those years ago)?

I was looking at this line the other day, to see if it might connect with some Eades on the fringes of some lines I'd been looking into.

I didn't come up with anything conclusive and seemed to go in a few circles, as you do  :).

In 1840 Ann Eades marries Thomas Wakeman, on the 1841 census Harriet Eades and some other Eades children are in the same household, living in Bromsgrove.

Found 2 possible burials for Joseph Eades,
the first one in 1831 aged 27, at Bromsgrove;
the 2nd one in 1835 aged 30 at Belbroughton.
Based on the baptisms of the children (some of them only say Ann's name), then the 1831 burial is the more likely, which would give a birth date c1804.

There are 2 Joseph Eades (of a similar age to the one who married Ann), both with a wife Mary, on the 1841 census, the one in Bromsgrove is aged 45, so he's probably the one baptised in the 1790s.
The other Joseph Eades lives in Fairfield, he's aged 35 according to the census, and his wife is Mary Tranter.
So I thought this 'younger' Joseph was likely/possibly the one baptised in Belbroughton to Joseph and Mary Eades in 1808.

Anyway I didn't find a baptism for the Joseph who married Ann, and wondered if you had?

Lisa

Offline Yegvard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 January 21 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alfred,
Sorry for the delay, house and family got in the way.
Unfortunately there appear to be a number of possibilities.  The solution to which in all cases would be an actual marriage certificate, which would give her father.

There  are many trees on Ancestry with suggested outcomes, none of which are definitive. Here are the best of the ones I looked at:
  • Jane LAUGHER married Willian WILLETTS, Q1 1864 somewhere in the Alcester registration district, which covers Worcestershire and Warwickshire. The 1871 claims they are in Warrington, Lancashire, however  that Jane was born in Warrington.
  • Same marriage but moved to Dudley area
  • The was a Jane LAW in the 1871 in Bromsgrove.  She was a housemaid in the Collegiate School School in New Road
  • Whilst not excluding (3) there was an 1875 marriage in Hammersmith, London, to Henry SANDOM(N).  Worryingly her name slides to Jane Maria

So you see the need for a certificate.

Cheers

Mike
HANDS, HANDES, HANNS, HANNES, HANNE, HANNON (Yardley to Bromsgrove)
 MIL(L)WARD, COTTERIL, CLULEE, IZOD, HASSALL, TODD, STRATTON, JAKEMAN, JENNINGS, MOLE, ALLCOCK PINFIELD north Worcestershire
WATERS, Thurzo, Sutherland> Bishopswearmouth, Durham
GARDNER, Solihull;
HUMPHRIES & HUMPHREYS, Meifod, Montgomeryshire>Bilston, STS> Manchester & Texas + Kansas, USA
JAKENS, BIRD, CRAPPER Bury, HIGGINBOTHAM, HORRIDGE, CUNDIFF, Lancs
LEO, Galway/Tipperary, & CARROLL, Carlow Ireland

Offline Yegvard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 January 21 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

Sorry I've not tried to expand any further.  You might try using FreeREG.  Put in to the search engine EADES: Joseph: 1750: 1850: All types: Worcestershire.  You should get 18 results.

Select by pressing the View button.  You should get a full transcription.

Try to match Abodes with census addresses. (Note the 1811 and 1821 census for Bromsgrove only gives heads of households).

Cheers

Mike
HANDS, HANDES, HANNS, HANNES, HANNE, HANNON (Yardley to Bromsgrove)
 MIL(L)WARD, COTTERIL, CLULEE, IZOD, HASSALL, TODD, STRATTON, JAKEMAN, JENNINGS, MOLE, ALLCOCK PINFIELD north Worcestershire
WATERS, Thurzo, Sutherland> Bishopswearmouth, Durham
GARDNER, Solihull;
HUMPHRIES & HUMPHREYS, Meifod, Montgomeryshire>Bilston, STS> Manchester & Texas + Kansas, USA
JAKENS, BIRD, CRAPPER Bury, HIGGINBOTHAM, HORRIDGE, CUNDIFF, Lancs
LEO, Galway/Tipperary, & CARROLL, Carlow Ireland