Author Topic: Mahalia RUMBELOW, Victor Harbor  (Read 27045 times)

Offline cristobel

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mahalia RUMBELOW, Victor Harbor
« Reply #45 on: Monday 11 October 10 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Edward Robert Bolger & Mahalia Rumbelow had 4 children born at Victor Harbour

Edward Robert  - born 22nd June 1867
Alice Ann - born 20 July 1869
Leonard - born 11 November 1871
Theophilus - born 31 December 1873.  He died age 15 months 28 March 1875.

Cheers, Chris

Offline d morrison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 11 October 10 22:59 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Chris. Looking at the dates I think this could be son or even grandson of one of the original 9 children who came from Ireland. 

I am hoping to find the death dates of their parents William and Mary [Ellis ] Bolger and the names of the 9 children, 6 girls and 3 boys.  If the girls married I am of course looking for different surnames .  Some , if not all appear to have gone to Tas c 1831/2.   Looking at the Tas. records there are several possibilities but no proof at this stage
Thankyou again , it all adds to the story.
Morrie

Offline d morrison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 14 October 10 23:14 BST (UK) »
I am still struggling to find any info on William and Ann [Ellis] Bolger and the names of their 6 daus and 3 sons  who went to Tas  during  1830s
Some possibilities are Edward Ellis Bolger b c 1808 Ireland , Was in Tas  1840.   Died when /where.
In 1841 well known Quaker George Walker wrote to Anna Maria Bolger at Westbury Tas, can anyone identify who she is ?
Hopefull Morrie

Offline Yelsel2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 27 August 11 07:27 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a Bolger family, that could be this lot.
 Children 6 daus and 3 sons of William Bolger and Mary Jane Ellis who sailed from Kingston Ireland to WA in 1830.
Mary Jane's brother Theophilus Ellis sailed with them, he died in 1834.
The family were said to have settled in Tas and WA.
Any info welcome
Morrie

I am sure that I can help you with information about the Bolger family, Morrie. 
What would you like to know? 
Mary Jane Bolger (nee Ellis) should be Mary Ann.  I do have a copy of her death certificate.

Cheers
Lesley

Offline Yelsel2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 27 August 11 07:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Alijet,

I've just spotted this post.   :)

I have the the Rumbelows and Watsons in my tree.  The Rumbelows in particular were a well known family in Victor Harbour.  I have photos of Mahalia and Robert Bolger and others of the Rumbelow family.  Also of the original Rumbelow family home at Victor Harbor.  More than happy to share this with you.   :D
Cheers, Chris.

G'day Chris,
Do you really have a photograph of Mahalia Bolger (form. Weymouth nee Rumbelow)?  She was my husband's g-grandmother and I would love to see a photo of her.
Cheers
Lesley

Offline jenjen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
Although i am very late to this thread, i am hoping that someone spots it.
I am descended from Annie Geary (via her daughter Kate Bishop, from her third marriage).
I believe the Anna Maria Bolger that Quaker George Walker wrote to at Westbury Tas would probably be her but the marriage date(s) i have are 1842 (and 1846).
I am trying to find out what happened to Robert Bolger - i believe he drowned.
I knew that Annie had gone back to Adelaide on "Punch", but i have a Tas marriage for her from 1851 to Robson Ebenezer Thomlinson who was a trooper and was transferred to Encounter Bay. I don't know what happened to him (yet) but she was married again to Port Elliot blacksmith George Bishop in 1858 by the (local) Bible Christian minister. I think i have found him in West Terrace Cemetery - died 1869 aged 48. She didn't have much luck with husbands it seems.
She died Annie Maria Bishop in Adelaide in 1910 aged 86 years.
Holland (Cornwall), Hollidge

Offline Yelsel2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 20:58 GMT (UK) »
G'day jenjen
I have done extensive research on the Bolger family and would be happy to assist you. Robert Bolger died in April 1850 at sea. He was a crew member aboard the Lady Denison which disappeared whilst travelling from Launceston to Adelaide. It is possible that the 14 prisoners who were aboard may have taken control of the ship. Robert Bolger & Annie Geary had 3 children but only the son married. Robson Ebenezer T(h)omlinson died 10/4/1856. He & Annie had 3 children. I also have George Bishop buried in West Terrace. I believe that Annie & George Bishop also had a son, Felix, on 23/3/1862 but I have been unable to find out what happened to him.
Please let me know if there is any way I can assist you more.
Cheers
Yelsel2

Offline Yelsel2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 20 February 14 22:04 GMT (UK) »
I have heaps of information on the Bolger family, Morrie.
Please let me know what you need.
I am happy to help.
Yelsel2

Offline Yelsel2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 20 February 14 22:47 GMT (UK) »
G'day Morrie,
In Oct 2010 you asked for the death dates of William & Mary Ann (nee Ellis) Bolger & their children. My research shows - William probably died in Ireland prior to 1828, Mary Ann d. 25/3/1842 in Melbourne, Mary Ann d. 30/11/1869 in Brighton, Victoria, Charlotte (Greene) d. 10/8/1882 in South Melbourne, Eliza Jane d. 6/3/1872 in St Kilda, Edward Ellis probable death June 1842 aboard the 'Edward' between Circular Head & Launceston, Theophilus Henry d. 6/10/1899 at Petersham NSW, Frances (Pittman) d. 29/3/1862 at Brighton, Vic, Harriet (Smith) d. 5/12/1861 at St Kilda, Robert d. at sea April 1850 & Emily (Pittman) d. 22/2/1878 at Melbourne.
I hope that this helps.
Cheers
Yelsel2