Author Topic: isle of man [bradden]  (Read 7510 times)

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
isle of man [bradden]
« on: Friday 20 November 09 22:18 GMT (UK) »
hi chatters can someone tell me where to post for info birth and marrige for bradden isle of man.  or if the moderator would be so kind as to move my query to the appropriate site.   

i am looking for any info on the following family

daniel lair smith born oct 16 1804 married to margaret caveen had 4 children

matthias keveen,  daniel blair, john keveen, catherine margaret  any info births marriages deaths or children for any of these 6 people also looking for daniel [1804] parents

any help would be greatly appreciated   thank you    beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: isle of man [bradden]
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 November 09 23:16 GMT (UK) »
 Marriage:  MARGARET CAVEEN   & DANL. SMITH   12 SEP 1844      Braddan, Isle Of Man, England

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountyIsle_Of_Man.htm#PageTitle

Nuthin in the baptisms. Where EXACTLY did you get your list of kids from?

I can see some Keveen Smith in Australia electoral rolls 1903 onward. Is that where they ended up?

Matthias Keveen Smith     b ~1895     buried 7 Jul 1968     Merbein, Victoria
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 November 09 00:35 GMT (UK) »
hi pauline first thank you so much for your response.  this post was actualy a request for help from soemone who thought that the joseph in my file born tullilian [i think i spelled that wrong]in 1764 might have been daniel sr's father but i dont think the dates are right joseph would have been pushing 50 when these kids were born.  i dont know where they ended up.  but i think the keveen was a take on the spelling for caveen.  what i posted is all jackie has on this family she is trying to find who daniels parents are and if any of the children were married she is decended from one but i would have to go back to my email to see which one.

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 November 09 00:46 GMT (UK) »
need to make a correction daniel smith sr was the one born oct 16 1804 it was the son daniel lair smith who married margaret caveen.  sorry about the misstep there. its daniel sr that we are most interested in and what became of the children of daniel and margaret.  keveen is an unusual name so the matthias you found has to be the right one.   beans

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 November 09 21:12 GMT (UK) »
i now have more info for the smiths

Matthias keveen born 1861 mt beaufor victoria married 1885 to ellen thompson maccallum i found the one child that pauline noted above matthias keveen born 1895 died 1968

david blair smith cant find his birth but he married in 1880 in lincolnshire victoria australia he married  mary jane holding

john keveen was born in 1855 ballarat victoria australia

catherine margaret  was born 1866  moyston victoria australia

i have not found immigration or anything for the original daniel or for his son daniel and wife margaret they had to leave isle of man to end up in australia
the only children for daniel and margaret we have found were born in australia
the first one 10 years after their marriage.   so we are back to isle of man.  can somebody tell me where to begin to find daniel  born in 1804 wife and parents   beans

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 November 09 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Where to begin?
Have you searched all IGI entries for IOM?
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 21 November 09 22:03 GMT (UK) »
hi pauline yes i have daniel and margarets marriage is there and so is margarets christening but nothing on daniel would an actual copy of the marriage cert list his parents?  jackie thinks daniel was born in scotland.  but there is no proof of that.  we dont know where to go from here.     beans

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 21 November 09 22:08 GMT (UK) »
hi pauline also the first of their children that we know of was born in england in 1850 so some time between 1844 and 1850 they left isle of man for england then between 1850 and 1855 they left england for australia their son john was born in australia in 1855.  so immigration should show that and maybe an immigration to isle of man for daniel.    beans

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 21 November 09 22:32 GMT (UK) »
maybe an immigration to isle of man for daniel.
there are NO such records of movements between IoM and the adjacent Island(s) except for those post 1820 transported to the colonies
any thing with a Manx Connection