Author Topic: Any spare birth/death certificates issued in Finchley, 1901-1930?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline mosmi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Any spare birth/death certificates issued in Finchley, 1901-1930?
« on: Saturday 21 November 09 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

My great-grandfather, George Smith, was the registrar for births and deaths for the Finchley sub-district of the Barnet Union, from around 1901 until his death in 1927. If anyone has any certificates issued in this area during this period, I'd be very interested to see them!

His wife, Kate Smith, was down on the 1911 census as being deputy registrar, and was appointed registrar in her own right immediately after her husband's death. I'm not quite sure how long she was in that role for, however.

Alan

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
Re: Any spare birth/death certificates issued in Finchley, 1901-1930?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 January 10 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Have a quick look at the site ShareBMD (or BMDshare) its a site where people can enter the details of the certificates they have for others to look at.  It can save time as the reference number is also there.

Have found it quite useful.  Would be great if more people were to enter their certificate here.

Also on FreeBMD, if you notice an envelope next to the entry, click on this it is a postem & someone has added some info on that certificate, ie which bride/groom married who, great if more than 2 shown.  Or even parents names of child & who registered death.

Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)