Author Topic: Sarah Hewitt Workington  (Read 8198 times)

Offline Sarah64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Hewitt Workington
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 03:35 GMT (UK) »
I just noticed that the Robert on the 1861 census was born in Brampton  and was 8 years old and the Robert in the 1891 census is 38 years, probably the same one... duh!!:) I'm a wee bit slow today.
thanks again both of you!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Geoff.

I came up with exactly the same info as you - to many cooincidences for it not to be them.  googled Robert Hewitt & found some entries on Curiousfox where someone was appealing for information. - May 09 and Nov 09. The information given ties in with what we found.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Sarah64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 17:04 GMT (UK) »
thanks again, I think the 1911 census is what convinced me it is them. I had been on a wild goose chase with Sarah before and with my gfather Patrick McKenna, that was frustrating ended up doing a whole family tree on on the wrong Mc Kenna's!
this gets addicting LOL And thanks again.
And I will answer the curious Fox inquiry- that's where I found the 2nd cousin she was looking for info on Patrick McKenna.
thanks again this is so great to get this help! ;D
I saw the Curious Fox inquiry and then seeing this Robert on the census it was hard to realize gmama really fibbed about her age! From 1877 to 1886! but she looked young for her age and so did my mom :) I did email this person on Curious Fox. I can't thank you both enough!!!

Offline Sarah64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 November 09 00:54 GMT (UK) »
Another thank you! I emailed the person on Curious Fox and with what she had to say and the her family stories - which are the same as mine, even Sarah's nickname which is the same as mine  has taken all doubt away. So, the Brampton Hewitt's are the ancestors.
thanks again for your input!
Except, Geof, I had said everyone had agreed that Robert and Mary got married in Gretna, they didn't, they got married in Carlisle. Boy, some family stories!!!
Sarah :) ::)

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 27 November 09 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Good luck! :)
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Sarah64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 27 November 09 17:11 GMT (UK) »
 ;D
Yesterday was our Thanksgiving and I was trying to email my new cousin and stuff the turkey! ;D got it done and only an hour late!! This really is exciting I knew we had relatives in England but never thought I'd be in touch again thank you for your detective work!

Offline LindaLily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 February 10 01:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah
I'm in Canada and have been researching my Marrs family in the Dalston, Cumberland area for awhile.  I have several Mary Marrs in my extended family tree.  Just curious, did you discover who were the parents of your Mary Marrs who married Robert Hewitt?  Thought I might be able to connect to your family.
Thanks,
Linda
Murray, Steele, Kennedy, Elliot, Marrs & Whitesmith in Cumberland

Offline Sarah64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 14 February 10 03:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda. I don't have Mary's mother name but her fathers name was Joseph. I connected with someone in England who's great grand mother was my grandmothers sister. I'm still trying to figure out who's who. I'll dig some more and see if I can find more information. I have a copy of Robert's and Mary's marriage record if you want I can send it to you.
Sarah

Offline LindaLily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Joseph Marrs
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 14 February 10 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah
I do have a couple of Joseph Marrs in my family.  Does it list Joseph's occupation.....mine are blacksmiths.  Interestingly, I have a Joseph Marrs (born 1832) who seems to have had a family of about 3 children, then he takes off for Canada, marries a woman from Scotland, converts to a Catholic and has 6 more children!  Not sure what happened to the family he left behind.  I would be interested in a copy of Robert & Mary's marriage....or at least the info from it with regards to Parent's names.  Thanks,
Linda
Murray, Steele, Kennedy, Elliot, Marrs & Whitesmith in Cumberland