Author Topic: POULSEN Max Leopold Qld  (Read 4163 times)

Offline acaciabound

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
POULSEN Max Leopold Qld
« on: Wednesday 25 November 09 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Trying to find a Max Leopold Poulsen. b1893
Moved to Qld from Vic.
Last I have been able to get was 1954 in Cooyar Qld as a carpenter. aged 61
I have searched Crow's Nest, Darling Downs and Brisbane cemetery databases but he is not showing.
I have also tried BDM up to 1963.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
Acacia

Offline Robert Coble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • crazy !!!! Crazy !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: POULSEN Max Leopold Qld
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Trying to find a Max Leopold Poulsen. b1893
Moved to Qld from Vic.
Last I have been able to get was 1954 in Cooyar Qld as a carpenter. aged 61
I have searched Crow's Nest, Darling Downs and Brisbane cemetery databases but he is not showing.
I have also tried BDM up to 1963.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
Acacia

Max Poulsen. b1893 on the link below.
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:2881508&id=I561134523

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Coble or Covell, Coule Australia, Canada, USA  @ England.
Barker Australia @ England
Walker Australia, England @ South America.
Bristol Australia @ England.
Nash Australia @ England.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 23:08 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if there is possibility he is buried with his wife who died in Victoria in 1946?

Did he marry again?  Electoral rolls in Victoria have his wife as Olga Valborg Henrietta [nee OLSEN] whom he married in 1920, and who died at Elsternwick in 1946.

Australian Electoral Roll
1949 Tasmania  Zeehan
POULSEN Nancy Helga  Commercial Hotel   Zeehan
POULSEN Max Leo  Commercial Hotel  Zeehan   Licensed Victualler

Qld Electoral Roll 1949
Divison Maranoa   Sub division  Dalby
POULSEN Helga Nancy, Bell  HD
POULSEN Max Leo, Bell   Contractor

There are two other POULSEN electoral enrolments at Bell - *Gordon Vincent, Baroona, Bell, farmer and Myra Ruth, Ensor St, Dalby HD.  Could these be family members?

Australian Electoral Roll
1954 NSW
POULSEN Helga Nancy 33 Kings Cross Road, Darlinghurst  Shop Assistant.

Have you made an enquiry here -
http://www.dalby.qld.gov.au/services/cemeteries.asp

There is a *G V POULSEN Qld, listed in the whitepages. May be worth contacting.
http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/initResSearch.do

Max's naturalisation certificate in a file listed on NAA
- Immigration and Naturalization records.
http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch.aspx

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 November 09 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi
According to his world war 2  service record  GORDON VINCENT POULSEN the probable son, was born in 1924 at Launching Place Victoria.

His Next of Kin was MAX POULSEN.

When he enlisted in 1943 he was living in Caulfield Victoria, (Close to Elsternwick) but he actually enlisted in St Ives NSW.   He was discharged in 1945

It is possible that OLGA is at Brighton Cemetery as it is close to the suburbs of Elsternwick and Caulfield.

I believe one of our Rchattes may possibly be able to assist with an   index  search.  You may need to clearly title a new topic  and hope it is seen.

There are one or two other methods of requesting  a search at Brighton and you can find them on the internet. However, I think..... rather impertinently,........ they  request a donation for their trouble. The only cemetery I know of that does :-\

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline acaciabound

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 26 November 09 11:15 GMT (UK) »
His wife is buried in Smythesdale near Ballarat as that is where her family where.
I have checked for Max and he is not buried there.
Thanks for the details on the probable son. He might come up somewhere that may lead me to his dad hopefully.
You can ring Brighton or email them and they are happy to help even without a donation.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 November 09 11:24 GMT (UK) »
The listing is on whitepages and in the right area ;D.  Gosh I would be at least writing a letter or making a call in the hope that it is his son....but that is me....a tad impulsive ;)   The WW2 service record certainly seems to confirm him as a son.

The obviously moved house often....on the 1931 Electoral Roll they were living at White Street, Mordialloc.  Max's occupation -  carpenter.

Photo of the POULSEN grave....incorrectly transcribed as POLSEN and the photos don't line up with the names on the database.
http://www.australiancemeteries.com/vic/goldenplns/smythesdalehs_images/polsen1.jpg

Cando

Offline acaciabound

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 November 09 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the photo, but I did actually have that and yes it took a while searching for the correct one as they don't match with the name.

The lead on the probable son has taken me back to Qld with him showing in the Elec Roll in 1954 as living in Southport. I will contact the cemeteries in this area and see if Max shows up.

Thanks All
Acacia

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 November 09 11:58 GMT (UK) »
The names of any children should be on Olga's death certificate.  If you wished to be sure there is the option of purchasing an image online and immediately dowloading it.  Cost $17.50
https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/index-search?action=purchaseImage

I am at a loss to understand why you appear to be unwilling to contact the listing in the phone book.  Most people respond kindly if you explain your reasons for wishing to find family information.

I wonder if this may be Helga Nancy :-\....obviously the informant knew little about this person. 

Death
1162/1961     
POULSEN Helen Nancy  52 years   Kensington
District Sydney

Cheers
Cando

Offline acaciabound

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 26 November 09 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info but as you are aware family history can be expensive with researching and memberships and I have purchased quite a few certificates already. Max married into my line and I was just trying to find an actual burial for him. I don't like loose ends and it is nice to find their final resting place.
I am happy to contact the listing in the phone book but would do so as a final resort. Some people are happy to be found and others not so.

With the info that has been given to me from this post I keyed in the sons name in my tree and received a match instantly to him and his immediate family.( A match was not showing beforehand for just Max, but sometimes the more info the better the computer will find matches)
 I have emailed them and hopefully they are the same family.
Will keep you posted, and thankyou to all as I know feel I am getting somewhere with what felt like a brick wall on this one.

Acacia