Author Topic: May COLE  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: May COLE
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 16:31 GMT (UK) »
I can't find the one Monica found in 1911 - boo hoo!

I wonder whether there are any stories about the family - occupations, whether anyone was from "away", military careers, family names that were passed down "you were named after your great auntie" - that sort of thing?

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Were there older siblings
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 16:36 GMT (UK) »
The problem with "playing around" with the 1911 is that you have to do numerous searches to even begin to guess. There is a Thomas Cole showing in Wandsworth, (b. 1854) who is a fishmonger but on doing further searches I cannot be certain it is him in particular who has the May b. 1905 as daughter...looking unlikely though  :-\

More importantly, Gary you will have May's age I am sure as born c. 1902 from her marriage entry and death age.

Don't suppose there were any family names of use as witnesses on her marriage cert?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Blackheart918770

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 November 09 09:00 GMT (UK) »
 "Don't suppose there were any family names of use as witnesses on her     marriage cert?"
 The two witnesses on the marriage certificate were Emily Bell and Muriel Cox and certainly one if not both were connected to the groom's side of the family. 
 Having looked on the Ancestry.co.uk web site i cannot find a death certificate for May (d.30th June 1946 43 yrs) just wondered if any one has any tips on how else i can find one

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 November 09 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Do you have a subscription to ancestry?

If so, this is the where you can view the complete death index:
http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?htx=List&dbid=8966&offerid=0%3a7858%3a0

Sep quarter 1946
May Bell age 43
Surrey N E 5g 377