Author Topic: Detectives required for lost soul and a photo date ...  (Read 24982 times)

Offline davidrigg3

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Researching for my partner
    • View Profile
Re: Detectives required for lost soul and a photo date ...
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 November 09 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Well I just have to see how this one turns out, my family name is Young but sadly no relation  :'(

Good luck on the search, and get well soon Karen.

Regards B (Young)
Rigg/Scholfield - Oldham/Rochdale
Hibbert/Moore - Hayfield/Saddleworth
Garstang/Kirby - Littleborough/Todmorden
Sutcliffe/Hill - Todmorden/Walsden
Young/Stevenson/Newbutt - Ticknall/Kegworth/Nutall/Hucknall/Bulwell
Woolley/Potter, Gaze/Parkins - Kegworth/Normanton-on-Soar/Wheathampstead/Harpenden
Smith/Green - Offley/Flamstead

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 26 November 09 12:26 GMT (UK) »
There seems to be a lot of silvering out on this which makes her eyes stand out so I've just made her look a bit more normal should you find an owner.
jim
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm not over 40 ... I'm 39.95 plus tax!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 26 November 09 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Okay, haven't tried a restore & colour for a while, AND using new software, so let's see whether this comes out okay ... fingers crossed, because it wouldn't export to one of my other online forums  ::)
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 26 November 09 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Sorry I cannot help with the Dates Of this Beautiful Lady

But i have done a Restore of Her

Regards

Iria
Harold Liverpool and Warwickshire
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool
Lister/Lester Liverpool and Cambridgeshire
Norris Liverpool and Ireland

Census Information is Crown Copyright From:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 26 November 09 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Karen - That's awful, hope you are not in too much pain. 

I'd keep the laundry basket downstairs if I were you and get your family to bring down their own washing and put it in the basket.  That's what I always did and it worked.  If it wasn't in the basket it didn't get washed and if it was something they wanted to wear to go out, tough ;D  They soon learned.

Lizzie

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 26 November 09 23:44 GMT (UK) »

Thanks for all the kind messages about my legs... I am not in that much pain, although there have been times when I have had to resort to pain killers.  I am on a strict 2 hours down and 2 hours up routine for leg positions..... but I must admit that I got so caught up in this chase yesterday that I did exceed the legs down time limit by a tiny wee bit ( about 2 hours worth of tiny bit  :o :o ).

I am very lucky to have my eldest home as her school year has finished.  So she has been doing washing, ironing and cleaning for me.  Mr Karenlee is a gem without equal ( sometimes  ;D ;D ) and is doing so many extra things over and above his own huge workload.  The youngest one and the 2 dogs... well, lets just say that they are here too.... :-X :-X

Now back to the chase.....

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 28 November 09 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Sorry ... so late in replying folks  but still have my visitors here till Sunday and it's manic here at the  moment ! .....Where to start .. 1st   Karen .. you POOR thing !! Both legs compromised !! Naughty you  staying longer in the down position :o Please don't overdo things ... ... there is no rush ...after  all the years it has seen pass .....(about 100!)  the photo can wait a bit longer to know it's fate . ;)

Iria ... :) Lovely work.. thank  you so much ...  How that  pink suits her and the oval mount works well .. kind of you to take time on my behalf and it is appreciated . 
Wouldnt it be great to find someone related? ... Obviously we cannot name any living rellies on here if we do find any descendants  SO please  folks, use the PM  system  if information found relates to any living persons just to be safe  ;)

Sound advice to Karen Lizzie...  I expect she's not likely to try that again  mind you ..... ;)

Debs .. hi  ;).. nice to see you on here again .. that is terrific,Thank you .. absence hasn't dulled your skills for sure ... and the colour combinations work really well . What is the new software then ?... I appreciate you trying it out on this photo ... I hope you visit us more often with work like that ... ;)

Thanks to you too Jim and for giving me a restore that has retrieved the original eyes  before they had been manually enhanced ... As China said it was usually done to sharpen up enlargements and this is a large picture.  Thanks again for spending time on a pic for me .. it looks really authentic...I  do hope we find someone to give the original to as well as all the restores and coloured versions.

Aw David ... Sorry that you dont fit on the same tree ;) .. That would have been a real result eh ?  ;D

Carol... we know how to rummage dont we ?  ;D  Ive got the same as Karen for Louisa's birth.... 1876 in Bradford Yorks so your input has set me off looking again ... :-\ ;D
 Wendy ... thanks .. I   wonder if he had a studio on Boar Lane ..I'll maybe try Kelly's directories ..

China ...Overpainting seems to have been common as you say  but I didn't know it was particularly prevalent for those dates but it makes sense when relating to enlargements in the early days of photography.. That's interesting that you think it could be a wedding pic ...  ie 1911.

Xinia ...  It's a bit compelling  ..the thought that I may found someone to return the photo to ...stay tuned ... ;D
 Right...phew

Lastly Karen .. So much info from you :-* I'm now going to try and get it in order and get the details down in order to see the bigger picture ...  thankyou so much for foraging for these  details ...  especially what may be vital in this chase ... the siblings of Louisa   if it proves to be the case that there were no grandchildren of her own .

Meanwhile here,the rest of the household has gone to bed now exhausted after 4 hours at the  Victorian Street market in Worcester tonight ... so I'm now off to look up some records .. :-X shhhh ;D
 A very grateful Polly  :).
 ps I do hope I haven't missed anyone out in my thankyou list .....

Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm not over 40 ... I'm 39.95 plus tax!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 28 November 09 00:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Polly, I'm blushing now LOL

Have had to bite the bullet and use Gimp, as I can't afford the new Photoshop programs  :'(  ... 'tis a rather steep learning curve!

Cheers
Deb
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 28 November 09 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Well I'm glad to see so many people having a go at restoring photos .. It is a forum where so many levels of skills exist and for the most part people love to share the knowledge with each other ...
The exciting thing is that even after many years of using  a programme,( say  Photoshop)for a particular process, there is nearly always an alternative route available to get to the same destination ...  and sometimes the scenic route is  not the obvious one  but sometimes more rewarding ... Hope  you finding the online  tutorials for GIMP helpful  ...
 Meanwhile ... I'm off on the trail again ....  ;D   
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople