Author Topic: Looking for Relatives of Richard Napoleon Wyombe Townsend REECE  (Read 53020 times)

Offline outback_thunda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Relatives of Richard Napoleon Wyombe Townsend REECE
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 November 09 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Ahhh no wonder I couldn't find the PM thingy. I looked for ages.LOL. Thanks

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 27 November 09 02:01 GMT (UK) »
From the marriage cert of Isaac Reece and Annie you give the following for Isaac's parents: Groom mother: Frances Barnett    Father: Isaace Reece

Unassisted NSW immigration shows this family arriving 20 May 1839 on the Juliana:
Isaac Reece
Frances - died on voyage ( bracketed with Isaac so assume it is husband and wife)
Isaac,
Judith,
Henry - died at sea on the Morayshire

There is another entry, though, which is supposed to be arriving 20 April 1839 on the Morayshire
Married Male Immigrant:
Isaac REECE,
brought out by The Government,
a native of Peesmarsh, Sussex,
Son of Isaac, shoemaker of the same native place, and Judy??, his wife
Calling: farmers' labourer
Age on embarkation: 34 years, 11?th January, 1839
Bodily health, strength and probable usefulness: very good
Reads and writes, no copmplaints.

There is this information aobut these ships, which explains the different ship names:
Juliana left Gravesend, England 20 October 1838 and was wrecked at Green's Point, Table Bay, Cape of Good Hope, 19 January 1839. The Mary Hay and Morayshire were chartered to take passengers on to Sydney. Some people stayed at the Cape of Good Hope.

On a different index there is this information:
All who survived left England on the Juliana, were shipwrecked in Sth Africa and arrived in Sydney on the Morayshire
Frances 30 Died at Cape of Good Hope 18 Jan 1839; Morayshire
Henry 2 yrs 3 mths Died at sea on the Morayshire 21 Mar 1839
Isaac 10
Isaac 34 labourer.
Jaber inft Born on board on 12 Jan 1839;
Edwin  4
Judy 8
I note there is no mention of the newborn arriving in Sydney

What a nightmare journey - one child born, then the shipwreck when the mother of the 6day-old baby dies in the shipwreck, get on another ship and the 2 year old dies!!  Oh,so sad. 

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 27 November 09 02:23 GMT (UK) »
I now see a marriage which looks as though it might be the father Isaac, remarrying:
1840   Isaac REECE  to Ceary SIMS  at St Lawrence's Sydney  Reg V1840209 24B

And another birth which looks as though it's to the younger Isaac and Annie Adelaide (although her first name is not mentioned)- it fits with the submitted tree that JM found:.
1862  Jacob S REECE, father: ISAAC, mother: Adelaide  Scone   Reg 13377

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline teenieboppa

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 27 November 09 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Judb and outback_thunda

Sorry about the lower case, will cap from now on.

Such an amateur at this but so enthralled..

So much information thank you, yes outback I would really like to connect via email, apparently I need to make a few more posts before that function is avail to me. Your email was removed from the return message for security reasons.

I do believe your Richard Henry Reece is a missing man in my puzzle --- I believe we are constructing the same family tree with a personalised flavor of course --- I am amazed you have over 900 included. Is there any special way you're mapping it out? I'm a bit creative so I was going to set it up in a freehand drawing program on the computer so I can, move around, and add to blocks of information about individuals. I'm thinking I would like to some how tell more of a story as well as mapping the tree.

I've got to print out the trail of information from you guys and get my head around the sketchy map I have now --- making a note of all the avenues I want to explore.. as they just keep cropping up.

There seems to be mystery around, of course Annie Adelaide, but also her mother Helen and your Grandfather RHReece!

Keep the surprises coming and if you can work out how to email me through the PM service, that would be great.

teenieboppa

Offline outback_thunda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 27 November 09 12:45 GMT (UK) »
well teenibopper I have heaps of informaion and of course my tree will attach to your tree. i am currently compiling in ancestry.com.au but also writing it for myself. i Intend to publish a book on it oneday......OK, just a quick insight

My grandad James Valentine Williams was apparently wanted for horse stealing in the piliga scrub. so he changed hi sname to that James VW and after he died and after noting so many discrepancies I was informed otherwise. My tree wasn't a tree as nothing added up but I discovered he was Richard Henry Reece b 1905 to Mary Latimore and Richard Napoleon Whycombe Townsend Reece(WHom I find out after like 5 years of googling it and i put it in the wrong way) is Whycombe Richard  Napoleoan Townsend....

his father I have noted as William Townsend and Annie Adelaide Marddrah.
I then go about 2 generation on the townsend side and drop off again. i get to annie adelaide and seem to have a discrepancy in names. Marddrah doesnt exist. then one certificate I have sais her mum is Helen Bearcroft....another which i got today sais her name is Wisula Beecroft...well I can see the comparison between Helen and Wisula???? cant you.hahahahaha. NOT..so thats just stumped me i search wisula beecroft and get nothing which I already figured. Where do  i go from here. Obviously neither of us have found what we are looking for.

where do you get the information you have re: isaac and annie being siblings from eand henry reece and isaace being a steel?? I really hope we can get throught to PM very soon.

Take CAre and thanks everyone for your help. If I have anymore queries or sort some more out I will ask and I hope I can help you some day

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 28 November 09 00:55 GMT (UK) »
2. Birth for Helen Bearcroft I have 1 on ancestry.com.au for 1813 in England. But that's where the trail ends. Was she born Marddrah or Bearcroft.

Extracted record from IGI
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0bq/

BEARCROFT Ellen    
Baptism   6 Apr 1813  Kirkby Moorside, YKS ENG
Father   John BEARCROFT      Mother Jane

.....what is a female factory??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parramatta_female_factory
http://members.iinet.net.au/~perthdps/convicts/confem.html

JM
MODIFYING TO ADD Sorry for not indicating this earlier but the submitted tree mentioned in this post is NOT the same one as previously linked by
Quote from: PrueM on November 26, 2009, 01:34:00 PM
http://www.rootschat.com/links/07jq/ ........
  Just Moi

JM perhaps it would be helpful if your sources/sources were linked ie unless  it is private tree you have access to........

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline teenieboppa

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 28 November 09 03:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi outback

I just had an idea --- why did Whycome Napoleon Richard Townsend --- tack Reece onto the end of his name if he was the child of Annie Adelaide Reece and William Townsend
a) either Annie and William weren't married when they had him or
b) he is Annie's child from her first marriage to Isaace Reece..

There is some thing really suspect there as a mysterious seemingly non-existent --- Harry Reece comes in from the left for me having been Annie's first male liaison.. and i thought that was where she got the Reece from --- not from Isaac (son of Jacob Steele) Steele who was her second male companion, Townsend being the third..

In my travels I also came across a Beecroft from Paramatta --- I wondered if this has any connection considering Annie was born in Paramatta?

I have noticed there seems to be variation in the spelling of various surnames and they seem to morph eg. I have traced Isaace Steele (one of Annie's husbands) fathers name as Isaac Preece who married Frances Barnett --- Preece seems to be the original spelling for Reece.

The same wierd thing is happening with Helen Bearcroft/Beaucroft/Beecroft/Becroft..

And Annie Adelaide Marddrah --- which I originally had spelt as Maddrah..

My mother had originally traced the Reece tree with the assistance of a great Aunt who speaks of pages missing from a family bible around Annie's time --- and now apparently the family bible has gone missing all together..

I do have a wierd feeling about Whycome --- I am thinking he may be Annie's son..

Tis fascinating  :)

Bye for now, teenieboppa

Offline outback_thunda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 28 November 09 03:46 GMT (UK) »
Cando. you are just unreal. No wonder your name is Cando.LOL. thankyou so much. I have looked everywhere but never seen that site before. WOWEE... im so excited. THANKYOU.
I couldn't get into the family tree link before must be a private tree or through subscription..  :)

Offline outback_thunda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 28 November 09 04:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi outback

I just had an idea --- why did Whycome Napoleon Richard Townsend --- tack Reece onto the end of his name if he was the child of Annie Adelaide Reece and William Townsend
a) either Annie and William weren't married when they had him or
b) he is Annie's child from her first marriage to Isaace Reece..

There is some thing really suspect there as a mysterious seemingly non-existent --- Harry Reece comes in from the left for me having been Annie's first male liaison.. and i thought that was where she got the Reece from --- not from Isaac (son of Jacob Steele) Steele who was her second male companion, Townsend being the third..

In my travels I also came across a Beecroft from Paramatta --- I wondered if this has any connection considering Annie was born in Paramatta?

I have noticed there seems to be variation in the spelling of various surnames and they seem to morph eg. I have traced Isaace Steele (one of Annie's husbands) fathers name as Isaac Preece who married Frances Barnett --- Preece seems to be the original spelling for Reece.

The same wierd thing is happening with Helen Bearcroft/Beaucroft/Beecroft/Becroft..

And Annie Adelaide Marddrah --- which I originally had spelt as Maddrah..

My mother had originally traced the Reece tree with the assistance of a great Aunt who speaks of pages missing from a family bible around Annie's time --- and now apparently the family bible has gone missing all together..

I do have a wierd feeling about Whycome --- I am thinking he may be Annie's son..

Tis fascinating  :)

Bye for now, teenieboppa

Ok Whycome is Annie's son but what i want to know is why the reece is tacked on and the first names changed about??? well i guess whycome is a name that i wouldn't want.haha. He can not be a child of reece unless she had an affair becaus etheir is another child i believe william born between jacob and whycome. Williams father being William Townsend of course. So im not saying that an affair is unlikely but i feel as though william would be the 1 too be a reece more than anything.
Helen is actually Ellen which I had a sneaking suspicion. A link had been posted by Cando and Im very greatful.
As for Henry reece I have no idea about this person...Who informed you of such information..(Just so i can get a bigger picture since you cant ring me or email me or vice versa at the moment.)

As for Isaac I have him as a reece. As for who his parents are then Ihave them as Isaac Reece and Francis Barnett..I have a death record for him in 1892 as Isaac Reece, a marriage certificate as Isaace Reece and also thanks to another helper here on the site I know have sited where he came from england. So for him to have the same parents as annie then to me that just doesn't sound right.

But not saying you aren't just doesnt make sense to me yet.

chat soon