Author Topic: Looking for Relatives of Richard Napoleon Wyombe Townsend REECE  (Read 53018 times)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Relatives of Richard Napoleon Wyombe Townsend REECE
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 November 09 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dianne  :)

If you haven't already, it would be worth chasing up the original record for Annie Adelaide's marriage to Isaac REECE.  If you can see the handwriting, it might clear up what her surname really is.  I doubt whether it's MARDDRAH - a web search for this produces no relevant hits at all.

I wonder where the information comes from about her being born in Parramatta to Helen BEARCROFT...which certificate is it that names her and Annie's father?

Added:  MADDRAH (without the first R) does seem to be a surname - according to a website, it is/was found in Yorkshire:
http://www.surnamedb.com/surname.aspx?name=Maddrah

Offline outback_thunda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 November 09 08:55 GMT (UK) »
HI again, ummm the marriage certificate between Annie Adleiade and Isaac Reece. Im in luck. I recieved it today.

Here is what it sais.    marriage date: 23rd Dec 1861 Scone
Isaace Reece and Annie Adelaide MARDDRAH
isaace born Sussex England
Annie Born: parramatta NSW

The consent of Helen Steel late MARDDRAH mother of the bride was given to the marriage of Annie adelaide MARDDRAH with Isaac Reece. for being under 21years.

Then at the bottom It asks for mother/father of groom then bride.

Groom mother: Frances Barnett    Father: Isaace Reece
Bride Mother: helen Bearcroft

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 November 09 09:06 GMT (UK) »
OK, so Annie's mother was a MARDDRAH and later married someone called STEEL(E)...the fact that Annie is named MARDDRAH and that no father's name is given on the marriage cert indicates either that Helen's maiden name was MARDDRAH and she had Annie illegitimately, or (less likely) that Helen was married to someone named MARDDRAH who was the father of Annie, and he subsequently died and Helen remarried to Mr STEELE (less likely because one would assume that Helen and/or Annie would know his name and put it on the cert).

I can't find a marriage in NSW for a MADDRAH, MARDDRAH or BEARCROFT which would fit for Helen  :-\

If she was single, I wonder if Helen was in the female factory at Parramatta when she had Annie?

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 November 09 09:14 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if this is a mistranscribed registration...their first child b. 1903

6616/1902     
REEVES  Richard W
CATLIN Mary J
District Dubbo

Birth
21276/1881     
CATLIN     Mary Jane
Father William George  Mother Mary Jane
District Mudgee

Death...with one correct parent.
18939/1948     
REECE Mary Jane
Father James  Mother Mary Jane
District Chatswood.

All research assumptions until certs are sighted.  You haven't indicated whether or not you want or even need this info.

Cando         
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 November 09 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps this would be a relative

from http://www.ryersonindex.org/

William Weston REECE, late of BINGARA 11 March 1983 aged 72

Cheers,

JM

ADDING There's WW2 service records not yet digitised, indicating born Bingara 23 Mar 1910
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 November 09 09:41 GMT (UK) »
On a submitted tree there's

William Weston Reece as a child of Jacob Steele REECE  and Margaret COLLINS.  Jacob Steele Reece being a son of Isaac Reece and Annie Marddrah (spelling checked, same as noted already)...   submitter notes Annie (no second name) as 19 on her marriage, 23 Dec 1861 at St Lukes, Scone NSW.  Also submitter has Annie as born at Parramatta, daughter of Helen Bearcroft ... (again spelling checked, same as noted already on this thread)... 

There's dates for these people, which match with the information already posted on this thread...  ;)

JM
MODIFYING TO ADD Sorry for not indicating this earlier but the submitted tree mentioned in this post is NOT the same one as previously linked by
http://www.rootschat.com/links/07jq/ ........
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 November 09 09:46 GMT (UK) »
The electoral rolls show many REECE's at Bingara - seven at one address including William Weston.  

JM there are two William Weston's.  One born 1885 [son of Jacob] and another born 1910 who died 1983.

A tree has already been linked earlier in the thread.

Outback_thunda could you please let us know what information are you actually seeking?  You have since indicated early info but initially requested 'relatives' :)

Should we wait until Outback_thunda responds to avoid duplication of information already researched?

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline teenieboppa

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 November 09 13:40 GMT (UK) »
hello outback_thunda

seems i am also a distant relative (reece my grandfather's name) hot on the trail of annie adelaide marddah/reece/townsend..

I have details of william townsend and annie adelaide's children in order of birth as:
willaim henry c1869–1948 warialda
whycome napoleon richard townsend c1871 warialda
annie amelia r c1874 tamworth
sophia c1876 nundle
albert ernest j c1880 walcha
florence m c1884 glen innes

all the other info in your trail seems to be fairly accurate and has filled in a few of my blanks.

i am so intrigued.

i'm actually after more information about isaac reece, annie's first marriage, i seem to have this man in my records as 'steele' --- i also have record of a son from annie called jacob steele reece before william townsend.. all very confusing.

i believe annie adelaide marddrah had liaison with a henry reece who impregnated annie, who he is i have no trace. it is believed isaac steele married annie while she was pregnant to avoid scandal and that annie and isaac have the same biological mother, different father. that's why i was surprised to learn annie and isaac had a daughter called flora!

i am after the true blood of jacob steele reece c1862–1931 (annie's first born) and where the 'steele' name comes in which is carried right down our line from isaac..

Looking forward to reading more..

Offline outback_thunda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 November 09 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help everyone. you are all so helpful and such a wealth of information.... I started my tree with 1 newspaper clipping and a birth certificate. Now I have over 900 people in my tree and am no where finished.

PruM... what is a female factory?? as you mentioned in your last post? Sorry if I seem a bit vague I am not up with all the family history details etc yet

The specific information I am after as someone asked is :

1. where can I find information from where Helen Marddrah (where the Bearcroft comes in??)married Jacob Steel.

2. Birth for Helen Bearcroft I have 1 on ancestry.com.au for 1813 in England. But that's where the trail ends. Was she born Marddrah or Bearcroft.

3. Birth for Annie Adelaide Marddrah born approx. 1842 Parramatta NSW

4. Death for Helen. somehere I noticed 1883 but can not find any records to match or prove apparently Bingara.

So, If anyone can help with those queries. it would be appreciated. I thank all of you for your help so far and you have already filled in some blanks for me. THANKYOU

Oh and teeni bopper can you email me on (*)
all lowercase.people mix the L for a I. If you are chacng the same tree s me, have I got some information for you. Hopefully. WHat makes this all the more intriguing for me is my Grandfather to me was known James Valentine Williams. After passing away and many years later my Grandmother hands my father a birth certifictae and a newspaper clipping and sais this was your fathers real name. It was Richard Henry Reece born 1905 Quirindi. So i start joining the dots together....first time they ever matched. ANyways we can chat through email.

Moderator Comment: email address removed as per RootsChat policy to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

teeniepoppa a Big Welcome to You.  ;D As a new member you will need a couple more posts before the PM system opens up to you. Please reply to us here so that outback_thunda is able to contact you. All the best in your contact.