Author Topic: Message Boards for tracing American Ancestors  (Read 1272 times)

Offline linda51

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Message Boards for tracing American Ancestors
« on: Thursday 26 November 09 09:08 GMT (UK) »
I've recently discovered my Oliver William Moody living in DuPage and/or Cook, Illinois and can trace him on US census 1900 - 1930. His daughter Minnie Moody married Herbert Grant Rosback in 1917 and they had two known children - Donald and Warren.
The other children of Oliver Moody were Florence, Leroy and Harry (or Henry). I've got death dates for Leroy and Harry, but nothing on Florence.
How can I find out more and possibly connect with living relatives?

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Message Boards for tracing American Ancestors
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 November 09 14:31 GMT (UK) »
I would think looking for obituaries might help you find survivors or a possible married name for Florence.  If you give us the information you have, we might be able to find something. 

Other options:
(1) You might want to try e-mailing the local library where they lived/died.  Some libraries (particularly for larger cities) might say no or charge a fee, but it's worth a check of their website.
(2) If they are fairly recent deaths, you might be able to find something on www.obitsarchive.com or www.newslibrary.com.  A small fee is charged to see the full article.
(3) There are volunteers who do look-ups on www.raogk.org.

I saw that you started another thread about this family.  It would be best if all the information stays in one thread, so please give any further information in that one and I will lock this one.