Author Topic: Nanaimo Look Up  (Read 4495 times)

Offline LemonMallie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Nanaimo Look Up
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 November 09 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lud,

The BC Birth Registrations (1872-1903) are now available to view online at the LDS Family Search pilot site:

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#

Just enter in their surname and British Columbia in the Location box and you'll find them.  I can look up the two Marriage registrations at the library the next time I am there (they are not currently available online).

Regard,
Lynwen
Malandain/Mallandain/Mallandaine/Malllindine - anywhere and everywhere
Corson/Causon - Gloucestershire
Nicholas - Pembrokeshire
Clark - Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire

Offline LemonMallie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 November 09 01:06 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if you have John's immigration record but he travelled on the Siberian, departed Glasgow on 30 Aug 1890 bound for Montreal.  His occupation was listed as Miner and he was headed for Vancouver.  I can send you the image if you want it.

There is an entry for a Hugh Kesley, emigrated in 1893, born 1869, travelled from Glasgow to New York on the Ethiopian.  His occupation is Engineer but no ultimate destination is listed.  He was travelling on the same ticket as a John Ainslie.

Lynwen
Nicholas - Pembrokeshire

Offline lud

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 November 09 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Friends
I am overawed  :o by the respone to my request, I can assure you it will take  a few days for the information to sink in, then I can reply.
Thank You All
Regards
Lud

Offline lud

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 November 09 10:07 GMT (UK) »
Friends
I have only scratched the surface for Kesley's in Canada, most of my search is confied to home, here in Lanarkshire.
My replies to the contributers.
(1) I can't find Mary Adcox Death / internment on B.C.site.
(2) I would appreciate image and any further info on Bavis Kesley death in 1985.
(3) I can,t relate to the Border crossing , DOB, and birth place, for Mary H Kesley.
(4) I would like to find both John and his wife Mary's burial place.
Hugh and John were born In Motherwell ,,there were 8 other siblings, parents were James Kesley and Sarah Bavis .
Look Forward to replies.
Thank You All
Lud

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 November 09 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lud:

The information re Bavis Kesley's passing was from a death index.  I believe you would need to order her record, in order to find more information.  I'm sure someone will correct me, if I am mistaken.

Off to read your other points.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 November 09 10:21 GMT (UK) »
Interments can be found on the following sites (many Canadian interments are not yet transcribed):
http://www.islandnet.com/bccfa/homepage.html
http://www.interment.net/
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi
After a quick search, I did not find any Kesley's.
-----------
They don't seem to be listed here, either:
http://vancouver.ca/commsvcs/NONMARKETOPERATIONS/MOUNTAINVIEW/burials/index.htm
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 30 November 09 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Death index for California
Mary Kesley (Mary Scott), born 1 April 1867, Illinois.  Died 17 April 1948, Los Angeles County.  Mother's maiden name was Rowan; father's surname was Scott.

Offline lud

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank You Lisa,
through some of the Links you posted I have came across The British Colonist newspaper on line, and found many references to John Kesley, in particular,July 16 1903 No 6 Mine at Cumberland where sadly 12 of his fellow workers were killed in an explosion, he fortunatley survived,also an article in October 22 1889,where,Brother John Kesley was present at the formation of Union Lodge No 11 of the Independent Order of Oddfellow, all very interesting information
Thank You
Lud

Offline LemonMallie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 07 December 09 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lud,

I finally made it to the library yesterday and looked up the two marriage registrations.  I have a copy of Mary Kesley's marriage so if you send me a PM with your email address, I will send it to you.  I looked up John's marriage record but the copy was so poor, I couldn't read it.

After much squinting all I could decipher was John was a 29yr old bachelor, occupation maybe Fireman, father James and mother Sarah Bavis.  Mary was 28yrs old, living at Northfield at the time of her marriage, father Robert, mother Mary ?.  I couldn't make out eithers place of birth.  I am not sure how important the information on the registration is but if you really need it, I could try to email the provincial archives to see if they can look it up.  Sometimes they will do a quick look up for free but other times (I suppose when they are really busy or short staffed) they will stick to the posted fees for look ups.

Were you able to get the birth images off of the Family Search site??

Lynwen
Nicholas - Pembrokeshire