Author Topic: Sarah DALRYMPLE, nee THOMSON- what has happened to her?  (Read 29581 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah DALRYMPLE, nee THOMSON- what has happened to her?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 08 November 09 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Bit more

Shrunken Link

http://www.rootschat.com/links/07fp/

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 08 November 09 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Glamis

Mmm ... Shizara's thread on the NZ board concentrated on other members of the DALRYMPLE family and there's perhaps some useful additional information there ?

In case you have not already seen this  ... NZ thread > >   

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,380437.0.html

But we must now focus our efforts on trying to find Sarah.   ;)

Lu

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 08 November 09 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi There,

From my own forebears ie the ones that lived in Darlinghurst post WW1....  "artiste", the "e" denoting female gender !  There was a hub of painters, photographers, sketchers etc living a somewhat bohemian lifestyle in Darlinghurst ....  Some earned their living as commercial artists for the budding advertising industry....

The electoral rolls do not provide any indication as to who was married to whom, or their ages.... or who else lived at that same address... sorry...

Hope that helps...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 08 November 09 22:57 GMT (UK) »

I'm really sure I've seen that Emily died 1949 in Sidney- will look out the source

Glamis  ... I've just posted Emily's death for you ... in Reply # 8.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 08 November 09 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Bit More,

From http://thepeerage.com/p36829.htm#i368283

I realise the following is "submitted" record but perhaps it gives a clue to finding Sarah  ;)

Sarah Thompson married George Samuel Wemyss-Dalrymple, son of George Wemyss-Dalrymple and Eliza Thompson-Hall, in 1850. From 1850, her married name became Wemyss-Dalrymple.

Cheers,

JM

Offline Glamis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 08 November 09 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks All, Yes, I've seen all and those I haven't Shizara has relayed to me. I am somewhat suprised at Emily's lifestyle, although I now don't think I should be. Soemthing has happened to Sarah. GSWD never remarried and all were married without mention of their Mother. That isn't the usual way of things -back then anyway.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 08 November 09 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I have had a quick online search through the NSW BDM deaths, cannot see Sarah's in NSW ... it could be there, but I cannot see it.  I have looked through two of the 1903 Electoral rolls for inner suburbs of Sydney ... alas I cannot see her there either... My 1903 rolls are not keyword searchable, sorry...

Still looking....

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 08 November 09 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Bit More,

Not at all sure if this could even be Sarah, but its from January 1929, and the lady was a Mrs Sarah Wemyss, aged 94 and a pioneer resident of a district in Victoria...  Sorry I'm not familiar with Victoria, but I think the newspaper cutting shows the district as Corindhap...

http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/3993286?searchTerm=%22sarah+wemyss%22

Cheers,

JM

EDITED TO NOTE AT REPLY 29, Judith has kindly found the details for this lady.
Sarah WEMYSS died 1929 Victoria - mentioned by Just Moi - has parents Chas BULL and Jane BOOT so I don't think she is this Sarah.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 08 November 09 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Lucy2- just being abit stupid but what does 'artiste'really mean? Was she painting and living with her son or was Frank the dentist her husband. Sorry for seeming dim but it is a very convoluted history.
Hi, Glamis, still going strong I see.  Wondered if artiste connected to dentistry possibly means fitting /making dentures or whitening someones teeth;.
marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet