Author Topic: Sarah DALRYMPLE, nee THOMSON- what has happened to her?  (Read 29579 times)

Offline Glamis

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah DALRYMPLE, nee THOMSON- what has happened to her?
« Reply #216 on: Thursday 08 April 10 14:20 BST (UK) »
JudB, Yes, I couldn't agree more.It was sad to see it so unkempt and unattended to but at least she's found and now has had so many people paying respects- that is comforting. Thanks for your interest and support. As Shizara has said, there's still things to find with regard to this family. As yes, I haven't done much more but will do soon.

Offline Glamis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday 14 April 10 11:42 BST (UK) »
I just thought I'd post today by way of remembering Sarah today- the anniversary of her death in 1897; 113 years ago.
Thank you all again so very much. I feel very priveledged to have been helped by you all and am both humbled and completely moved by this journey.

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday 14 April 10 20:43 BST (UK) »

Since doing this family research, I have learn't to appreciate  what some of our ancestors went through, to give us our lives today...we should remember them....and without the folk at Rootschat, we would not have that privilege.....Thank you all...

Offline Glamis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday 14 April 10 21:26 BST (UK) »
I cannot agree more. Thanks Dalek39. I would not be here without Sarah marrying and then 'teaming up' with George Samuel WeymmsDalrymple. The genes go back to William 3rd Baronet of Cousland. I haven't dared go beyond but indications are that the genes are even more interesting.I  have to include those of the Nawabs of Masilupatnam who origionated from Persia. How amazing this whole search and the journey has been.